T-mobile 4 lines with 2.5gb each for $100 until 2016

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I also think t-mobile service is lame and only with them because unlimited data.

Isn't bad enough I'll switch but it is pretty bad compared to Verizon or at&t

I felt that way about Sprint. Try having unlimited with 0.3 Mbps down... At least in my area. I'd take limited data over that any day.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a 5 line plan currently,

do I call in to switch or do they do it automatically?

Their website says:

LIMITED TIME: 1GB of 4G LTE is increased to up to 2.5GB 4G LTE data per line (for the same price) until 2016 when you buy 4 or 5 lines. (You’ll still see 1GB per line at checkout, but your billing statement will show 2.5GB per line. Automatically reverts to 1 GB after 1/2/16).

Either way, I'll take it. 2.5 gb is more than enough for the average user. The average user only uses 1.0 gb to 1.5 gb a month anyways. Won't be enough for data hogs, but hey, it's free!

edit: just had a chat with tmobile, I had to request this "plan change" but it's effective for all 5 of my lines starting next billing cycle. At $110 for 5 lines of 2.5 gb, it's cheaper to add more lines to get more data than say, pay more for data with 2,3 lines.

Last edited:

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
No, this would replace the 1gb tier if you have at least 4 lines.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk
Hey worth a shot. Not sure if this is worth switching to for me. I have 4 lines but two of them use literally nothing, except one used a lot cuz they were streaming the world cup... lol. I would save $20 / month not paying for the extra data on the other two lines right? I'd also lose 500 MB for those other two lines.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey worth a shot. Not sure if this is worth switching to for me. I have 4 lines but two of them use literally nothing, except one used a lot cuz they were streaming the world cup... lol. I would save $20 / month not paying for the extra data on the other two lines right? I'd also lose 500 MB for those other two lines.
Umm.... what your are describing, sounds like you have 2 lines with 1gb and the other 2 with 3gb equaling $120. If my assumption is right than yes you would be saving $20 and losing 500mb on 2 lines.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 using Tapatalk

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Umm.... what your are describing, sounds like you have 2 lines with 1gb and the other 2 with 3gb equaling $120. If my assumption is right than yes you would be saving $20 and losing 500mb on 2 lines.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 using Tapatalk
Sorry I should have clarified. Yes, that's correct. Thanks for your help!

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Bro, how cheap are you? 4 lines for $100 is a steal, especially coupled with all the other tmobile goodies.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Bro, how cheap are you? 4 lines for $100 is a steal, especially coupled with all the other tmobile goodies.

Not a matter of being cheap, but if the corporate discount doesn't apply then there probably wouldn't be any savings. Wouldn't be worth losing the discount then paying a whole lot more once the promo expires vs. keeping the discount for the foreseeable future. We're not all "big ballers" like you :p

Posted via Android Central App

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Not a matter of being cheap, but if the corporate discount doesn't apply then there probably wouldn't be any savings. Wouldn't be worth losing the discount then paying a whole lot more once the promo expires vs. keeping the discount for the foreseeable future. We're not all "big ballers" like you :p

Even if your discount was 15% off, you would come out ahead seeing as a bump from 1 gb to 2.5 gb would be $10 a line. For 4 lines, that's $40. Now does your measly 15% account for a potential $40 dollar savings???

Bigballer? Dude 10 years ago, I had a phone from some company called primeco. It offered unlimited minutes, no texting or anything like that and only worked in 3 states in the midwest. Cost-$99 dollars. Next, Sprint offered a $99 dollar unlimited plan with unlimited talk, text, web. What tmobile is offering is a steal-4 lines-"unlimited" data and everything else

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Even if your discount was 15% off, you would come out ahead seeing as a bump from 1 gb to 2.5 gb would be $10 a line. For 4 lines, that's $40. Now does your measly 15% account for a potential $40 dollar savings???

Bigballer? Dude 10 years ago, I had a phone from some company called primeco. It offered unlimited minutes, no texting or anything like that and only worked in 3 states in the midwest. Cost-$99 dollars. Next, Sprint offered a $99 dollar unlimited plan with unlimited talk, text, web. What tmobile is offering is a steal-4 lines-"unlimited" data and everything else

Yea I remember the days with those plans. Anyway all our situations are different. In my case only two lines really need more than the standard 1GB that the plans come with. They struggle to even use that most months. So you're right that the 15% doesn't account for $40 on savings, but for $20 it's a much closer call. Hence why I was asking the questions in the first place.

And I called you a "big baller" cuz of your name, Bigballer :)

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I think the bigger issue would be if you were currently grandfathered into a discount that is no longer offered. Yeah, it would be great for the next year, but if you could have kept even a 10% discount for the next four years you'd end up better off. Irrelevant though, since you can keep a discount.

AnotherCookie

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I think the bigger issue would be if you were currently grandfathered into a discount that is no longer offered. Yeah, it would be great for the next year, but if you could have kept even a 10% discount for the next four years you'd end up better off. Irrelevant though, since you can keep a discount.

Highest discount I've heard of is 75% for really old T-mobile employees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87