Anyone else using Digits?

gipper69

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Got the digits app, seems to work well enough, routing the shared family phone number when desired. Call quality is decent, but the routing seems to take a few seconds longer than the primary number.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
re:

Not being a T-Mob customer I'm curious what use you're getting from the Digits thing. Is it just for families as you noted?

gipper69

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
re:

It's a way to have several phone numbers on same device. Use could include things like a shared response number for a business that can be answered by one of several people. Our use case is a replacement of a home number usable by anyone in the family. That number is also given out for generic contact. Most calls go to voice mail.
A second number is "free" with the unlimited plan, and $10 on other plans.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
re:

My use case is that I have a rugged phone for some things, and a note 5 for most others. I have the Note 5 setup to use the same number as my kyocera rugged tank. I can just grab whichever I will need, not worry about switching the sim cards (it's a pain unscrewing the back of the kyocera to get to it, and taking the case off the note 5).

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
re:

I have been using it since it was in Beta. I have my gear s3 using my phones number and a duplicate sim card which I use in a spare phone I have around. I also use the website to text while at work and I have the app on my tablet in case I want to text or call and my phone is not around.

In all cases it comes in handy I never had use for the watch number and did not want to give that to anyone in the first place simple things confuse people sometimes. Really that was the one line I needed duplicated the others are more for fun other than the website that I use at work... Who wants to be seen texting from their phones while at work?

Beta had some quirks and I see some folks are having those issues now that it has been released to all. I can say they did resolve my issues and now when I have all devices on they all ring or go off when they should.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
re:

I have been using it since it was available to all Tmo customers (I was too late for the beta when I signed up). I have both the old S7Edge and the new S8+. Both got multi-line settings so there's no need to install the Digits app. Both work flawlessly, they ring at the same time when I receive calls. There's no delay. I can interchange numbers on both phones.
Also have it on my tablet (Both cell numbers). That one I have to install the Digit app. Probably a couple seconds delay on the tablet.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
re:

I helped someone (almost) set this up yesterday. Why does the app require the location permission, and that too Google Location Service?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
re:

I'm using DIGITS on my tablet and my backup phone. I want to see texts on my tablet and use the backup phone to answer the call or text if in another room

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I just realized that I had the option to "unlock" this on my new unlocked S8 so I did. I also installed the app.

But as I'm doing all this, I sorta realize, why am I doing this and what will it do for me. So help me understand the point of it.

I was thinking at first I could make it to where my landline phone number would be able to ring through to my s* but I don't think that's the case (?). Is the whole point of Digit to be able to make and receive calls from say a tablet or lets say I leave my phone at home I can still answer my phone calls via her phone?

Am I understanding all this correctly?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Digits allows you 2 things:

1. You can use alternate phone numbers on your phone.

2. You can use your main number on a 2nd phone or tablet with wifi. (Ex. I can make and receive calls on my backup phone that has no sim card. Same w/my tablet)

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
To confirm..All of this is solely tied to smartphones/tablets/PC's communicating with each other and not landlines. Meaning I can't use DIGITS to have my home landline phone# ring my smartphone while I'm at work. Correct?

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Digits allows you 2 things:

1. You can use alternate phone numbers on your phone.

2. You can use your main number on a 2nd phone or tablet with wifi. (Ex. I can make and receive calls on my backup phone that has no sim card. Same w/my tablet)

#3 You can have a duplicate sim ring on a 2nd phone without Wifi. There is a talk & text only and a talk, text and data plan.

#4 You can use your cell number on a wearable with service on it so you don't have to give that number out to anyone. (another form of duplicate sim)

#5 You can call and text via PC

I have been using all of these with the exception #1 since beta.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
[URL=https://forums.androidcentral.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 [/URL] You can have a duplicate sim ring on a 2nd phone without Wifi. There is a talk & text only and a talk, text and data plan.

do=list&action=hash&hash=4]#4 [/URL] You can use your cell number on a wearable with service on it so you don't have to give that number out to anyone. (another form of duplicate sim)

#5 You can call and text via PC

I have been using all of these with the exception #1 since beta.

All good stuff to know. Thanks for posting.

I can't do and [URL=https://forums.androidcentral.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4]#4 because I'm too broke to have a "wearable" device after getting the S8+ lol

Last edited:

Randy Ohio

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
I used it for a week when my LG V10 bootlooped. My "extra" backup phone was an LG G4 (yes I am prepared after 5 bootloops between the two phones). They have different size SIMs and I didn't want to have to reset SIM numbers, so I used DIGITS. Even though I couldn't forward the bootlooped phone, I could load DIGITS on the other phone and access the other line and receive all calls and texts. Very handy until I could get my refurbished B10. It saved me when I was away for a few day's.

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been doing this for years with Google Voice.
on both Sprint and T-Mobile.

Now my V20 had a meltdown and I bought a Nokia 6.
Problem is that I have no cell reception at work (basement) and the T-Mobile number won't ring.
Locked bootloader and no root that I know of for the 1025.

Is this my salvation, or just another hobbled app?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87