Hey guys

Could someone please point out to me how to leave a space when trying to look for a contact in the stock phone app? Like if you are trying to type the name and then the last name.

On my old S3 I could use the "star/asterisk" key after typing a name to type the last name of the person.

This is a bit frustrating since I know a lot of people with the same first name, and I always have to end up looking though the whole contact list.

Thanks!
    11-12-2013 08:16 PM
    You're trying to enter the name using the keypad? Why not go to the search bar on the Contacts tab? You can type the full name there. Or just enter the last name instead of the first name (either via the keypad or via the Contacts search bar).
    11-13-2013 11:39 AM
    You're trying to enter the name using the keypad? Why not go to the search bar on the Contacts tab? You can type the full name there. Or just enter the last name instead of the first name (either via the keypad or via the Contacts search bar).
    Thanks Gary,
    Yes I like using the keypad because sometimes I have to enter a number that is not on my contact list. So being able to search from the keypad means I don't have to keep switching in between the keypad and the contact list depending on who I'm calling.

I suppose it's not the end of the World. It's just a bit annoying that something I could do on my previous android version is now gone.

Hopefully kit kat fixes this
    11-13-2013 12:32 PM