Should I return my Note 3?

ImStevo

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Oh and I removed my Google search widget and I've gotten much better battery life once I removed it

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok Thanks for the help :) I w as just worried because I wasn't getting these insane battery life

Not sure how your battery is doing now, but you were on pace for more than 7 hours of screen time. That's pretty damn good
Your usage will affect how the battery does, the people who get 8+ hours probably have their screen brightness lower than you or might not stream/play games as much as you do

ImStevo

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Yeah probably I'm at 3 hours and 15 minutes on screen time at 49% now so we will see at the end of the day I'm at 10 hours of on battery and I haven't used power saving today which is a first. Also I saw somewhere that it can take a few days for batteries to start getting their max life expecially if you didn't fully charge before first use not sure if that's true though . I also turned down my vibrations because they were becoming annoying at stock settings.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah probably I'm at 3 hours and 15 minutes on screen time at 49% now so we will see at the end of the day I'm at 10 hours of on battery and I haven't used power saving today which is a first. Also I saw somewhere that it can take a few days for batteries to start getting their max life expecially if you didn't fully charge before first use not sure if that's true though . I also turned down my vibrations because they were becoming annoying at stock settings.

Yeah, if you haven't had it for too long the battery could still be "settling in"
I didn't notice much difference between power saving mode and regular when I used it on my S4

Connie Litrenta

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi ive only had my note 3 for a few days and the battery life has been awful compared to what other people are getting. Mine is no where close to 2 days i can only get 13 hours max then i need to charge ive already done a factory reset and no luck. Could my device be defective? Should i return it to AT&T and get another while i still can?View attachment 103726 this is the best battery life i have gotten. could someone let me know what i should do please?

I also have power saving always on and screen brightness to about 16% and almost all features turned off

I don't care what anyone says. I have to seriously wonder about those people who claim two days. Maybe if you turn ALL background data off, have your display at 20% brightness and NEVER use your phone. Just as a comparison for you: I have my display at 100% brightness (old eyes), WiFi turned on all the time, BT occasionally, GPS on always, background checks running regularly (3 email addresses, Facebook, Twitter, News and weather hourly) and I actually use the thing probably at a moderate level. For this, I can get about 15 hrs taking it all the way down to a red battery indicator. Now, if you didn't have the screen at 100% like I do, you could probably do considerably better but that's how I like it and I will NOT compromise my needs just so I can say I got 2 days out of it. I work in an office where I can plug it for a bit in the afternoon if I need to. My only demand is that my phone get me thru the entire work day with normal usage. I think that's all anyone can ask given my settings. So I guess if you want to sit your phone on a table and not use it for 2 days, you'd probably be able to without it dying. You just have to be realistic here. Besides, do you REALLY need your phone to last 2 days if you can just plug the darn thing in every night? Seriously..

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't care what anyone says. I have to seriously wonder about those people who claim two days. Maybe if you turn ALL background data off, have your display at 20% brightness and NEVER use your phone. Just as a comparison for you: I have my display at 100% brightness (old eyes), WiFi turned on all the time, BT occasionally, GPS on always, background checks running regularly (3 email addresses, Facebook, Twitter, News and weather hourly) and I actually use the thing probably at a moderate level. For this, I can get about 15 hrs taking it all the way down to a red battery indicator. Now, if you didn't have the screen at 100% like I do, you could probably do considerably better but that's how I like it and I will NOT compromise my needs just so I can say I got 2 days out of it. I work in an office where I can plug it for a bit in the afternoon if I need to. My only demand is that my phone get me thru the entire work day with normal usage. I think that's all anyone can ask given my settings. So I guess if you want to sit your phone on a table and not use it for 2 days, you'd probably be able to without it dying. You just have to be realistic here. Besides, do you REALLY need your phone to last 2 days if you can just plug the darn thing in every night? Seriously..
Leaving it idle will get you a lot more than two days...
Here's two days of actual usage. Auto-brightness, GPS On, location reporting off. Data on, all emails set to manual sync
And this is on an S4. The Note 3 could do a lot better

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1391882312622.jpg
    1391882312622.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 1391882332283.jpg
    1391882332283.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 40

legrov

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I am a heavy user and mybattery lasts betw 12 to 16 hrs. I travel a lot and I can't take the chance of running out of juice so I just carry charged batteries with me; problem solved. Buy them from amazon: Anker wall charger which comes with 2 spare batts. I did this with my Evo for 4 years and it was a huge help! Haven't had to use these new ones but since it's the same brand as the old one I assume it will work just the same.

ImStevo

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Ok my note 3 battery is getting better day my day and I realized my location services were causing a major battery drain and I turned them off and realized that didn't effect anything so I did a restart and it's fixed :) I've began to turn up brightness and using my phone more and battery is lasting longer than ever loving my phone more and more

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok my note 3 battery is getting better day my day and I realized my location services were causing a major battery drain and I turned them off and realized that didn't effect anything so I did a restart and it's fixed :) I've began to turn up brightness and using my phone more and battery is lasting longer than ever loving my phone more and more

Nice. Definitely takes a few days to get to where it's supposed to be. Location services only drains the battery if apps are reporting your location

Kevie Cam

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I would suggest an external battery. I have the Mugen Power 6500 MAH external battery and back replacement and I'm currently running over 11hrs of straight battery and my phone is on 70%. It really helps to extend phone use and I'm a VERY heavy user. I picked mine up from Amazon.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok I'll keep you updated today and I do play games watch YouTube etc ima heavy user I'm always on the Web. but I'll post screen shots midday and when my battery is gone today :) BTW android OS is normally a top battery user no clue why and I have started to use battery doctor.

I have found that heavy game play is the biggest battery drain out of anything. Streaming music, FB, watching movies, reading, etc are far, far less than games. Play games and watch as your battery drains away. Anything else and it seems fine.

ImStevo

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Also just realized that my phone was working hard to give me a good signal during school where there is a lot of metal blocking the connection and as soon as I turned off mobile data while in school and just am using their wifi my battery is lasting as long as if I was at home with a good connection

Connie Litrenta

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

Yah, sometimes is as simple as a "reboot" because something is running in the background that won't stop. I have location services on and a lot of other things besides. Now I've just added a Galaxy Gear watch to the mix and that definitely adds to it (BT and notifications going back and forth) but you know what? I don't care. It's why I have a smart phone. If I had the kind of job where I couldn't plug it in, I'd absolutely do things differently. Until then, I'm wringing every last bit of features and productivity out of this thing. :D

Delo773

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1393441263758.jpg my goofy self just found out the reason why my phone tents to die quick... If I clear the rom my battery can last all day. And I'm a heavy user.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Delo773

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
u5ehy4az.jpg

I couldn't be more happy. Good things come for those that wait. Lol finally note 3 users get kitkat. Talk about give me a break hehe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana