Note 3: RAM too full always

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
It depends. I think any of them can have that happen. I very rarely have that problem on the stock keyboard.

My question would be how many background tasks does your phone have on it.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

That's one of my problems. .. When the ram % got over 85, I went to the applications manager->running-> and I would begin stopping all apps that had no business running, example Nook when I haven't used it in months, but it never helped the keys freezing - slowing down exponentially. ... soooo aggravating. Is there a good app to control what can't jump in ram at random?

Wait I need to recheck if the keyboard is slow still after stopping some apps...

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: RAM too full always

That's one of my problems. .. When the ram % got over 85, I went to the applications manager->running-> and I would begin stopping all apps that had no business running, example Nook when I haven't used it in months, but it never helped the keys freezing - slowing down exponentially. ... soooo aggravating. Is there a good app to control what can't jump in ram at random?

Wait I need to recheck if the keyboard is slow still after stopping some apps...

Posted via Android Central App

Do you ever reboot your phone?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Just FYI SwiftKey has SwiftKey Flow built in which is basically swype :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Just FYI SwiftKey has SwiftKey Flow built in which is basically swype :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
Ditto for the Google Keyboard - Swype functionality is built right in. Works great and learns from your personal usage as well.

sup007jamesbond

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
So I know this is an old post but I have to correct some serious issues here. First Mavrrick, RAM is not meant to be full. In fact, you want it to not be in use. When too much is used, your performance will slow down considerably. Please do not give advice when you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Even using 70% of maximum you will see a decrease in performance. Golfdriver97, this goes for you. Android is like any other computer. . . because it is one. They do not work well with full ram being used. Why don't you try it and get back to me. Your phone will lag something fierce! RAM (Random Access Memory) is used to help process data from storage or data from the internet. With not sufficient open RAM, it cannot load as fast. Picture this, if you want to check out 10 books, but your cart only holds 3, you have to take 4 trips for all of your books. Your cart size is like your RAM, the bigger the cart, the more you can shuffle back and forth.

With the increasing amount of bloatware that is being loaded, RAM is becoming an even bigger issue. RAM also deteriorates over time. This is why older computers will run even slower than when they were brand new. Electronics are so finely tuned that they slowly deteriorate and slow down. Your phone after 2 years of use will be slower than when you purchased it. This is why paying attention to RAM "IS" important neonworm.

Here are some basics of computers.
Restart your phone at least once a day or at least once a week. If you can, remove battery and let sit for a minute. This clears all RAM and lets the system boot fresh.

Download Clean Master or another program like this. This works wonders. I did turn off most of the settings and live monitoring because they use up memory. I only have on an alert if my phone uses more than 80% of memory.

Phone storage or SD Card. Most computer systems use part of your fixed storage of your phone or SD for temporary memory or extra RAM. It also uses that space when you are transferring files or doing many other things. Make sure to keep your memory under 80% used or you will also see a large drop in performance.

Bloat apps. There are a lot of apps that you may never use. If that is the case, uninstall them, and just reinstall them when you need them.

Widgets. Widgets use up memory all the time. If you do not need it on your screen, I highly recommend not putting it there. I only have 3, email, weather, and calendar.

Others. Your phone has things like smooth transitions and many other options that you can disable. There are many guides that go into that, but disabling the bloatware and live wallpaper type items can free up a lot of memory.

Please Please Please, if you are not knowledgeable about the subject, please refrain from putting incorrect information that will only confuse or problems. When in doubt, leave it out.

Cheers

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Bloatware, widgets & others - how I wish (!) I could dump them. I concentrate on keeping only the few I do _use_ active and stop the rest.

tbstroken1

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
It's easy to do that, you've got to root,and use this app called greenify, it's perfect, they'll be there but they won't run unless you run them, or you could remove the permanently with system app installer or root app delete applications from the playstore for free

Rafiki93

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

It's due to RAM, RAM being higher %used means your phone will be slower, it's like having more windows open on a PC., I don't understand where these other people getting that you need it to be hgher, they tryna kill your devices years, it does have to be under 2.0 GB naturally to run smooth, I had a BLU Vivo 5 with the same RAM as the Verizon unlocked Note 3 I have and it's slower than that one and my lg Stylo, the BLU ran @ least 1.73 GB naturally and the stylo was lower I believe but they both ran faster than the npte 3 I have...

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I got Clean Master, the free version. Worked a treat at first then kept nagging me to install this, buy that ... arg! Next phone either Pixel by Google or a cheapo flip, that'll teach 'm by Godfrey. ☺