Update problem with unlocked Galaxy S4

Miguel Lara1

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello i have a galaxy s4 from at&t sgh i337, it has been unlocked to use it with any Carrier, im using the cell phone with telcel in mexico and it seems like i can't get the 4.3 update from at&t, it says that the Phone is updated and that i have to wait 24 hours to check for updates even though the oficial update has been released, does anybody know if the unlock that i did has something to do with this? Or mi cell phone will be stuck with 4.2.2 forever? Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: update problem with unlocked galaxy s4

Hello i have a galaxy s4 from at&t sgh i337, it has been unlocked to use it with any Carrier, im using the cell phone with telcel in mexico and it seems like i can't get the 4.3 update from at&t, it says that the Phone is updated and that i have to wait 24 hours to check for updates even though the oficial update has been released, does anybody know if the unlock that i did has something to do with this? Or mi cell phone will be stuck with 4.2.2 forever? Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

I have the same phone and it is still locked to AT&T but I'm using it on Straight Talk AT&T. I have downloaded the update no less than 3 times. Every time it gets finished downloading it starts to load on my phone, it says the install was interrupted and to try again in 24 hours. From all I have read on here 4.3 has a lot of bugs so maybe we are lucky we haven't gotten the update .

Miguel Lara1

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

Hi, my phone does not dowload any kind of data, when i press the update button the 24 hour message appears immediately, what could be wrong? Could it be the phone or the update from at&t?

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

Hi, my phone does not dowload any kind of data, when i press the update button the 24 hour message appears immediately, what could be wrong? Could it be the phone or the update from at&t?

Have you tried changing the date and time ahead of 24 hours? To do this, just go to Settings > More > Date and time, disable the automatic and set the time manually ahead of 24 hours.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried changing the date and time ahead of 24 hours? To do this, just go to Settings > More > Date and time, disable the automatic and set the time manually ahead of 24 hours.

I went so far in advance I was into next year lol

Drnyallstar19

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

I'm at year 2023. I eventually lose what day I'm on so I just move up a year. I still haven't been able to get this update. I don't know whats going on.

Posted via Android Central App

koushtj

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

I have the same identical issue. Anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

lasooner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Miguel I have the exact same phone as you. I unlocked my phone using the code given to me by ATT. I had no problem downloading Android 4.3. I'm wondering if using Telcel is creating a problem? I sincerely doubt that the fact that your phone is unlocked is your problem.

Be careful what you wish for. I don't like Android 4.3. Wish I could go back to the prior version. if I were you I wouldn't bother downloading 4.3

Drnyallstar19

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone been able to confirm this? I unlocked my phone, but I also really think that this can't be the issue especially for people that have unlocked their device directly from At&t. I didn't unlock mine through At&t but I am still using their service. Still haven't been able to download the new update.

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I think there is merit in all these theories. I have not been able to download the 4.3. It always say interrupted and check in 24 hours. My phone is also unlocked, not from att. I've given up trying. Took the sim out and put into my note 3. I'm using GoPhone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
No down load it from kies but i dont think you want the mk2 (4.3) build if your rooted just flash a rom trust me on this

from my wonderfully rooted gs4 woot

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to confirm this? I unlocked my phone, but I also really think that this can't be the issue especially for people that have unlocked their device directly from At&t. I didn't unlock mine through At&t but I am still using their service. Still haven't been able to download the new update.

my s4 is unlock, been trying all this time to update with no success, finally went to Best Buy. They have a Samsung Experience Consultant and he plug my phone into his computer and in less that 30 minutes, he updated to 4.3 and did not cost anything.

Fototaker Sf

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

when i picked up my S4 about a month ago, it already had 4.3 on it. though i have auto software updates turned on, i check now and get and get the usual wait 24hrs msg. BUT i wonder since I have an UNactivated (no SIM) if i would get the kitKat upgrade? anyone wanna give me any thoughts on that? thanks in advance

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
At&t has to push it to you over their net work then and only then will you get the pop up to get the update which I strongly recommend you do over wifi but seriously why don't you check Kies? And flash it over a computer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
You can call at&t put in an at&t sum card and see if they can manually push you the update

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
OK it comes from at&t themselves you must have an active at&t sim to push the update and it will start then it can be switched to Wifi to download think of the SIM as a security key to get the update file

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch