General Questions

sparkY166

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I need some help im soon to be getting a infuse 4g which is also my first android device never had a smartphone before and i was wondering like how it unlocked what apps to get and stuff like that battery power and what not? i've watched reviews but i can't ask them specific questions thanks in advanced :-$

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations on your new phone and welcome to Android! I love the Infuse. The screen is amazing! You might want to try hitting the Hints and Tips sticky first to get you started. Infuse Hints & Tips

I started there and it really helped. Also, several of us have posted lists of our favorite apps in here, so that should help too.

There are a lot of posts about extending battery life in here, but I find if I don't run live wallpapers all the time, don't play too many games and use wifi as much as possible that I get pretty decent battery life. I can go about 12 hours with normal use. That drops if I'm on the phone a lot, but still lasts me the day. With a large super amoled+ screen, I think it helps to keep the brightness down a bit. I usually have mine at 30% when I'm not using it. I use "brightness widget" from the market. I love it. It puts a bar anywhere I choose on my screen so I can just slide it up and down to instantly adjust the brightness.

Just ask away when you have questions. There are a lot of real gurus in here to can help. I left Blackberry for Android just over 2 months ago, so I'm still learning too!

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
By unlock you mean root (similar to jailbreaking an iPod or iPhone), out unlocking foot different carriers? If the first, check out the stickies on how to root infuse. Very simple, 10 minute process.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

sparkY166

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
unlocked? Do you mean unlock like the Lock pattern you have to draw? or do you mean Rooting the phone?
I ment unlock like the patterns slide or is there even a pin ?

Congratulations on your new phone and welcome to Android! I love the Infuse. The screen is amazing! You might want to try hitting the Hints and Tips sticky first to get you started. Infuse Hints & Tips

I started there and it really helped. Also, several of us have posted lists of our favorite apps in here, so that should help too.

There are a lot of posts about extending battery life in here, but I find if I don't run live wallpapers all the time, don't play too many games and use wifi as much as possible that I get pretty decent battery life. I can go about 12 hours with normal use. That drops if I'm on the phone a lot, but still lasts me the day. With a large super amoled+ screen, I think it helps to keep the brightness down a bit. I usually have mine at 30% when I'm not using it. I use "brightness widget" from the market. I love it. It puts a bar anywhere I choose on my screen so I can just slide it up and down to instantly adjust the brightness.

Just ask away when you have questions. There are a lot of real gurus in here to can help. I left Blackberry for Android just over 2 months ago, so I'm still learning too!

Thanks will have to install that brightness widget so in school i can quickly turn it down lol anything else you can think of let me know :-$

By unlock you mean root (similar to jailbreaking an iPod or iPhone), out unlocking foot different carriers? If the first, check out the stickies on how to root infuse. Very simple, 10 minute process.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Not going to root my phone due to i switched to a Android "jailbroken ipod/iphone" so its a package in its self i dont really see the need in rooting anyway plus this is a phone that may be damaged interally one day and i wont be able to take it in and so many problems i have had with my jailbroken ipod so ill just stay away from the whole thing for a little bit i just can't wait to get my hands on this phone so im asking dumb questions lol cant wait 10/25/11 or sooner o_O

Also i didnt wanna make another post and i have read some good case reviews but i trust my Otterbox i use on my ipod touch and i don't know of anything that could be better but if there is let me know before i get my phone!

Last edited: