LG Thrill or Moto Atrix?

btchyprncss

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
These were the 2 phones I was deciding between, and ended up with the Thrill last night, however I'm not so sure if I really like it or not yet. Which would you recommend, and why? I haven't been able to find anyone with experience with both phones to actually give a side by side experience comparison. I switched from the Inspire, and not sure I "dont like it" just because the whole layout is so different. I have 30 days to exchange or return, and maybe I just need some tips and tricks to the Thrill. The 3D isn't as exciting as I thought it would have been since there's such limited stuff avail in 3D and there's no flash for 3D pics. Please help!! If there's a different new AT&T phone out there you recommend, please, tell me which one and why you recommend it! I'm open to pretty much anything, just know I want to stay on the Android OS! Thanks!

paulyterp

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I recently upgraded from the Atrix to the Thrill. Here are my thoughts so far (about a month in):

Atrix:
Sharper screen
Much zippier, seems like apps launched faster and there were fewer lag issues
That finger print scanner was kinda cool
TONS of memory
Abundant accessory options (yes, I bought the laptop dock... it was worthless)

Thrill:
3D. When I show others, they are usually impressed. Definitely a conversation starter.
Larger screen
UI - I like that power controls are in the pull down menu.

Too close to call:
Battery life. Both kinda suck. slight edge goes to Atrix.
ATT's network speed. About the same.

If you enjoy wireless hotspot:
Thrill will occasionally drop the hotspot for no reason. So when you are on your laptop and suddenly facebook stops responding, check the phone.

Because of the screen size and the cool factor of 3D, I'm sticking with the Thrill. The Atrix is a capable back up, but I'm a sucker for gimmicks. The storage is less of an issue now that I have a 32GB card in the Thrill. Both are good. But given a choice, I'm using the Thrill. Hope this is of some help.

-Paul