Are "no annual contract" AT&T Android phones unlocked?

mrcultureshock

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I'm planning a switch to Android and I intend to buy an unlocked phone. Are the "no annual contract" phones sold by AT&T unlocked?

Thanks and cheers!

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't think At&t sells any unlocked phone if they can help it but as long as you don't owe them money they are fairly welcome to unlock it for you.

mrcultureshock

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't think At&t sells any unlocked phone if they can help it but as long as you don't owe them money they are fairly welcome to unlock it for you.

Do you know a legit online or physical store that sells unlocked Galaxy S5 or HTC M8 that work with the LTE network from AT&T?

Thanks for the reply!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I'm planning a switch to Android and I intend to buy an unlocked phone. Are the "no annual contract" phones sold by AT&T unlocked?

Thanks and cheers!

You'll probably have to ask AT&T to unlock them, which they should do with no problem since you're buying full-retail.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks and cheers!

They are still locked but since you are buying it full price you can ask them for the lock code and they'll give you it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't AT&T require at least 60 days of continuous service before they'll unlock for you?

Not if you buy it out right. I have my M7 unlocked from att less than 20 days later by just calling and asking nicely. But I have never had my service turned off and my payments are always been made on time these past 4-5 years! Might help some if you have had an account with them for some time as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45