AT&T Online vs In store

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to switch 2 lines from Sprint to AT&T. The price the in store rep quoted me is about $40 more than what 2 different chat agents quoted on different days. Any idea why?

The quotes were all for the same phones and plans incl. insurance.

If I bring the 2 chat transcripts in store, must they honor that?

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to switch 2 lines from Sprint to AT&T. The price the in store rep quoted me is about $40 more than what 2 different chat agents quoted on different days. Any idea why?

The quotes were all for the same phones and plans incl. insurance.

If I bring the 2 chat transcripts in store, must they honor that?

Did the chat agent include the activation fees? The store rep may have.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Is the extra $40 a one time difference or monthly?

Good question...all the fees quoted were monthly and all included a 1 time activation (30 for 2 lines)so I'm inclined to say it's 40 difference monthly.

Do u think instore will honor the online quote? Or at least show me why there's the difference?

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Good question...all the fees quoted were monthly and all included a 1 time activation (30 for 2 lines)so I'm inclined to say it's 40 difference monthly.

Do u think instore will honor the online quote? Or at least show me why there's the difference?

It wouldn't hurt to take the transcript with you and ask about it.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

The reason I asked if it was one time or recurring, AT&T raised their activation fee beginning August first.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Ahhhh ok. I'd rather buy in store, especially since I'm switching carriers, but if I can get the same products for less online - online it is. Unless they honor the online price.

Switching carriers is 1 big headache...

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Ahhhh ok. I'd rather buy in store, especially since I'm switching carriers, but if I can get the same products for less online - online it is. Unless they honor the online price.

AT&T stores will not match att.com prices or promotions. Att.com offers in store pickup at corperate owned and operated stores.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

One of them was probably wrong. Unless att has some special promo online, which I've never seen on the new plans, they are the same price in a corporate store and online. Can you write out what the online quoted you for?

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87