10e issues or questions that I have

johnny789

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, I have a couple of questions about my new Samsung S10e.
1. When on the phone, the screen blanks and I can’t get it back without disconnecting it. How do I change it so that it doesn’t blank out

2. How do I change individual sounds for each notification item? In other words, I want to set a ring tone for new email but different from text messages

3. How do I assign the Bixby button to something else? I keep hitting that button when I take pictures.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, I have a couple of questions about my new Samsung S10e.
1.When on the phone, the screen blanks and I can’t get it back without disconnecting it. How do I change it so that it doesn’t blank out

2.How do I change individual sounds for each notification item? In other words, I want to set a ring tone for new email but different from text messages

3.How do I assign the Bixby button to something else? I keep hitting that button when I take pictures.

1. It black out , when you have phone to the ear?

2. Long press each app tap info then scroll to notifications and change tones there

3. Try setting>advanced features >side key turn bixby off

johnny789

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
thanks for the info
yes, my phone blanks out but I use a bluetooth head set and it blanks out too. So, for example, while I'm on the phone and I have to look up something, I only have the power button to push that will get back my screen and then, of course, it hangs up the call.

for the tones, I still don't get any options to change the ring tones

great, I have bixby turned off and now I've reassigned that key to the camera

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
thanks for the info
yes, my phone blanks out but I use a bluetooth head set and it blanks out too. So, for example, while I'm on the phone and I have to look up something, I only have the power button to push that will get back my screen and then, of course, it hangs up the call.

for the tones, I still don't get any options to change the ring tones

great, I have bixby turned off and now I've reassigned that key to the camera
So when on Bluetooth and screen times out , tapping the screen doesn't wake it ?

johnny789

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
no, the screen doesn't come back on but now that I have the bixby button reassigned, I'm going to try that and see if that will work to get the screen back on. tomorrow is a work day so will do some testing and will let you know what I've figured out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Take for example group me , if I long press it and tap info scroll to notifications and tap one of the sub menus i can change the sound , not every app you can do this but most Screenshot_20200412-104823_Settings.jpeg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
no, the screen doesn't come back on but now that I have the bixby button reassigned, I'm going to try that and see if that will work to get the screen back on. tomorrow is a work day so will do some testing and will let you know what I've figured out.
Ok no problem

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
For the notifications (your question #2), you change the notification tomes in each individual app. So for email, go to your email app, find notifications in the settings, and change it there. Same for texts, go to your messaging app, find notifications in the settings, and change it there. To be honest, depending on whatever apps you are using, it is sometimes hard to find the settings for the tone within the apps. But, the notification settings are a function of each individual app, not of the phone itself.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
For the notifications (your question #2), you change the notification tomes in each individual app. So for email, go to your email app, find notifications in the settings, and change it there. Same for texts, go to your messaging app, find notifications in the settings, and change it there. To be honest, depending on whatever apps you are using, it is sometimes hard to find the settings for the tone within the apps. But, the notification settings are a function of each individual app, not of the phone itself.
Well the phone notification sound takes priority most of the time then you can go into each app to change that but some won't allow.Screenshot_20200412-144119_Settings.jpeg

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, as you asy, the phone ringtone is set in the main Settings > Sounds and Vibration, not in the phone app itself. The default notification sound is also set there. For anything else, you set it in the actual app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whytefrank