[17/FEB/21] AUB8 update for Global S21 & S21+, bugfix & camera update

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
This latest update is the 6th for the Global, Exynos, S21 & S21+ and is currently being rolled out by Samsung.

It would appear that this is a bugfix for the previous release, AUB6, as well as a camera update.

The Galaxy S21 Global, Exynos, devices that will receive this update are...

• S21 5G model SM-G991B
  • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
This latest release replaces the G99*BXXU1AUB6 February build. No news on whether this will also apply to the Ultra model at the moment. Will update as soon as I know more.

Initially, as always, this is rolling out to the non-carrier branded, stock Samsung CSC codes first.

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you

The update = G99*BXXU1AUB8

Download = 216.99MB

Build date = 11 February 2021

Release date = 17 February 2021

Camera version = TBA

One UI version = 3.1

Android Security patch = February 2021

This is the 6th stable update in 21 days

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
[UPDATE]

There is an AUB9 update rolling out to the S21 Ultra with a build date of 15th February.

At present it is only available for users in the Middle East and Africa.

Until I know more, I will hang fire on any announcement as it may only be just a regional release.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Interesting. Wonder if one will be rolled out for the U.S. Snapdragon models here soon.

I hope that if there is a new Snapdragon variant release in the near future, that it is based on a 11 February build or later, as the January and early February, Exynos builds, were less than desirable on the S21 & S21+... hence the flurry of updates from Samsung for these models. 3 in February so far!

If this is the case, a delayed February release or just an Android Security patch update might not be a bad thing.

One gets the feeling that Samsung are desperate to make the S21 series as good as it can be and to avoid bad publicity and a drop in sales at this early stage.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
I hope that if there is a new Snapdragon variant release in the near future, that it is based on a 11 February build or later, as the January and early February, Exynos builds, were less than desirable on the S21 & S21+... hence the flurry of updates from Samsung for these models. 3 in February so far!

If this is the case, a delayed February release or just an Android Security patch update might not be a bad thing.

One gets the feeling that Samsung are desperate to make the S21 series as good as it can be and to avoid bad publicity and a drop in sales at this early stage.

Agree with this analysis, particularly the third paragraph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d