2.2 Froyo Update - Report & Find Solutions to Issues Here (post #1 & 2 updated 8/8)

crawform

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't see anywhere on that link to 2.1 - I bought this phone b/c my Pre did not support my VM WAV files and this did.

I bought Remote Wave from the app store and it works fine. Although we shouldn't have to pay for a third party app to restore functionality.

Dr Evo

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
***UPDATE: A "hard reset" does NOT fix the calendar bug. Other users tested, and I have myself, multiple times. This is indeed a persistent bug existing in the Froyo build. I've reported it to Sprint and HTC. Sprint is ignorant of the issue and doesn't seem to care... they simply say to do a hard reset and give you a bunch of BS. They have refused to verify or acknowledge the bug. HTC, however, seems more receptive. They confirmed the bug exists. Still waiting to hear back from them on a possible fix.***

(Original Post: )

Can someone who has done a hard reset on Froyo please verify the calendar bug I described in the previous post? I would greatly appreciate it, as I want to make sure this is a bug in the system, not just my unit.

To verify the bug, create a new event in the calendar. Make sure to give the event data for the Where field and the Description field, then save it. For example, create a new event like this:

To: Aug 5, 2010 - 10:00 PM
Where: "Somewhere"
Description: "Missing Data"

After saving the event, view it to make sure it appears correctly, especially the "Missing Data" description.

Then edit the event. (While viewing the day or agenda view, press and hold on the event for the option menu which will let you edit it.)

At this point, the description "Missing Data" should be gone, replaced instead by "Somewhere" (or whatever you typed in the Where field).

Is that what happened?

I REALLY appreciate you taking the moment to test this for me.

(UPDATE: Thanks everyone who helped confirm this bug.)

Last edited:

djmoonsovermyhammy

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Can someone who has done a hard reset on Froyo please verify the calendar bug I described in the previous post? I would greatly appreciate it, as I want to make sure this is a bug in the system, not just my unit.

To verify the bug, create a new event in the calendar. Make sure to give the event data for the Where field and the Description field, then save it. For example, create a new event like this:

To: Aug 5, 2010 - 10:00 PM
Where: "Somewhere"
Description: "Missing Data"

After saving the event, view it to make sure it appears correctly, especially the "Missing Data" description.

Then edit the event. (While viewing the day or agenda view, press and hold on the event for the option menu which will let you edit it.)

At this point, the description "Missing Data" should be gone, replaced instead by "Somewhere" (or whatever you typed in the Where field).

Is that what happened?

I REALLY appreciate you taking the moment to test this for me.

I completed a hard reset and an SD card reformat. Everything is running smoothly so far...

I went through the exact process you listed. I am able to duplicate the results you were getting every time. This is a legit problem. After editing the saved event in calendar - the "Missing Data" field was replaced with "Somewhere."

Please add to the first page of issues. (Stock OTA 2.2, no ATK)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I completed a hard reset and an SD card reformat. Everything is running smoothly so far...

I went through the exact process you listed. I am able to duplicate the results you were getting every time. This is a legit problem. After editing the saved event in calendar - the "Missing Data" field was replaced with "Somewhere."

Please add to the first page of issues. (Stock OTA 2.2, no ATK)

Added. If you guys figure it out, please let me know so I can update again.

faceofbass

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to share what pretty much solved my battery probs, here is my post incase you didn't see it in the battery life sucks thread

http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=269489#post269489

Basically just uninstalled the new FB update and the FB sync accts and my phone falls asleep again and battery life is way better!

Tried everything previous to this, Hard Reset, messed with the settings...but this has had the most effect on battery life. Just wanted to share incase others had the same prob

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Went in and deleted all of my music, redownloaded, still showing all songs by unknown artist and one album cover for every song. Tried downloading another music app (Music Mod).. it also shows every song as unknown artist.. anyone else having similar issues with music?

What method are you using to sync music from your computer to SD card? I would delete all your music, and try to resync it with iSyncr, assuming you are using iTunes.

kh965

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
This is probably related to the calendar issue mentioned earlier. I have notes attached to several appts. on my calendar. After Froyo, if I view the note, and try to edit the note part disappears and is not editable. Anyone else have this problem?

redriverd

May 26, 2010
Visit site
What method are you using to sync music from your computer to SD card? I would delete all your music, and try to resync it with iSyncr, assuming you are using iTunes.

I had all my music on my SD card in my previous phone (Instinct)... just copied all the music from that card to card in EVO (by docking phone to computer).. before the update, everything was working fine in the music player, now the songs play fine just the above issues.
I have already deleted all music from EVO and re-copied it from the other card, no fix.
thanks for your help

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
"People" app and Friend stream widget issues

First, let me say I've never rooted. My friendstream widget just states "no recent updates", and when attempting to view my friends' facebook pages from my list of contacts or group of favorites, I just get "the application People (process com.android.htccontacts) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" and it force closes. I've tried everything from logging out of and back into facebook, and clearing the data and cache of both facebook and facebook for htc sense, as well as clearing data for friend stream, friend stream widget, and the people app. I upgraded to Froyo on Monday like most others, and didn't have this problem at first, just started last night. Anyone else experiencing this problem or have any other suggestions for solving it? Thanks.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
iHeartradio failed to work after the Froyo update. The app would open but would always stay stuck on "connecting".

Some said they had no problems so it was a bit baffling why until I tried turning on wi-fi and now it works.....even though I have no wi-fi source near me!

davidswank

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
m4v files will not play in 2.2, worked great in 2.1
receive "sorry, this video cannot be played"
Already did a recommended hard reset, same result.

donnyespo1

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Unable to view HTC sence

I did the hard reset as noted, but once i re-boot my HTC sence weather widget is no longer working? Any suggestions? GPS is on but on the widget says "my location" only no other info

4mooo

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Found that Google Translater does not translate after upgrading to 2.2. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but did not fix it.

stephen866

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm actually signed out of google talk.In the settings I have automatically sign in unchecked, but when I open talk and press menu it shows sign out. Shouldn't this say sign in since I adjusted the settings.

Also If I go to menu/settings/about phone/battery/battery use it shows android sytem at 55 % with data recieved 102.46 kb

I have only been unplugged for 24 min and I have seen it drain 20 % already.

I have not surfed the web or opened twitter. I did go into the market to rollback facebook.

ANY suggestions ?

Leak3d Froyo

Last edited:

souladdikt

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Pandora + Google Nav not playing well together

After the update, when I'm streaming from Pandora and using Google Navigator, Pandora will stop playing when directions are spoken and I have to press play for it to resume. Before, Pandora would pause and then resume automatically after the directions were spoken.

Anyone else having this problem?

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
Could updating to Froyo last Friday have mucked up my Evo?

I've noticed that since installing the downloadable update that came out last Friday, my System Panel does not have an inactive list. It's like every single system app I have is in the active list, and things like the RSS Feed and Qik will come back after I've force closed them. I do realize that if there is no activity in the left hand bar related to a particular app, it's not doing anything, but I just thought having NO inactive list at all was strange.

To top it off, my battery went from 100% to zero in five hours today. I'm charging it to 100% again to see if it happens again, but I always have gotten at LEAST a full day out of my battery. Was there a problem with the Froyo release last week? If so, is there any way I can redo the upgrade to the new OTA 2.2?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
2.2 Froyo Update - Report & Find Solutions to Issues Here (post #1 & 2 updated 8/5)

The first gmail solution link does not link to a corresponding thread.

I used the method of deleting all additional gmail accounts, going into settings and clearing the DATA from the gmail app, reboot, ads accounts back in, make sure check mark is in all accounts to sync MAIL (THIS NOW DEFAULTS TO UNCHECKED), then use the sync all widget and let everything sync.

I have tested all three accounts and received all messages instantly.

We'll see how long it lasts!

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The first gmail solution link does not link to a corresponding thread.

I used the method of deleting all additional gmail accounts, going into settings and clearing the DATA from the gmail app, reboot, ads accounts back in, make sure check mark is in all accounts to sync MAIL (THIS NOW DEFAULTS TO UNCHECKED), then use the sync all widget and let everything sync.

I have tested all three accounts and received all messages instantly.

We'll see how long it lasts!

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes :) I will link to your post also as a potential fix.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
After the update, when I'm streaming from Pandora and using Google Navigator, Pandora will stop playing when directions are spoken and I have to press play for it to resume. Before, Pandora would pause and then resume automatically after the directions were spoken.

Anyone else having this problem?

Yep... Listed in first post, under music and multi tasking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia