2015 Nexus: LG Nexus 5 or Huawei Nexus 6? Which will you buy?

Which 2015 Nexus would you buy?

• Total voters

beaner b

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Latest rumored specs on Huawei Nexus 6:

820 processor
5.7'' 2k screen
4 gb ddr4 ram
21 MP main camera
3500 mAH battery
32, 64 GB memory
front facing duel speakers
USB 3 C
$500, $550 price

820 is out, not happening -unless the phone is going to be released next year. In that case, it would be way too early for the case manufacturers to get the specs from Huawei, which would then mean the Onleaks stuff is totally bogus.
If it's the 810, I'm staying away. I'm hoping they let Huawei put in their Kirin 950 (and maybe sneak in their 6" screen and 4500 mAh battery while they're at it!).
Kinda believing the newer renders of the 6. well at least the size/shape aspect. Leaks based on case schematics seem to be the most reliable.
The way the camera module sticks out, it looks like a pretty thin phone. Between that and the 5.7" screen, I'm not optimistic about the battery size anymore.
And the dual speaker thing -what's that based on, that there's no speaker grill on the back or the bottom? Not really feeling that rumor.
But if the speaker(s) is as loud as the N6, and there's a significant improvement in the camera (low light), and some improvement in the screen brightness/sensitivity over the 6, then I'll get it. I can deal with lousy battery life for another year or so.
Not at all interested in the Nexus mini :)

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
820 is out, not happening -unless the phone is going to be released next year. In that case, it would be way too early for the case manufacturers to get the specs from Huawei, which would then mean the Onleaks stuff is totally bogus.
If it's the 810, I'm staying away. I'm hoping they let Huawei put in their Kirin 950 (and maybe sneak in their 6" screen and 4500 mAh battery while they're at it!).
Kinda believing the newer renders of the 6. well at least the size/shape aspect. Leaks based on case schematics seem to be the most reliable.
The way the camera module sticks out, it looks like a pretty thin phone. Between that and the 5.7" screen, I'm not optimistic about the battery size anymore.
And the dual speaker thing -what's that based on, that there's no speaker grill on the back or the bottom? Not really feeling that rumor.
But if the speaker(s) is as loud as the N6, and there's a significant improvement in the camera (low light), and some improvement in the screen brightness/sensitivity over the 6, then I'll get it. I can deal with lousy battery life for another year or so.
Not at all interested in the Nexus mini :)

I tried calling evleaks out on his claim of the SD 820 being in the Huawei Nexus, and he maintains that it will, based on a "trusted source". So unless there's a surprise in store, or the phone will release in January, I agree with you. Personally, I'd even take the Kirin 950 in the phone, or the SD 620 or 808 over the 810.

By the way, evleaks has been very snippy in continuing to go back and forth with onleaks on Twitter about the validity of his infornation, as late as this morning. If I were evleaks, though, I'd keep quiet because of his massive fail on the M9 leak, as well as the fact that so far, onleaks' Nexus 5 leak was dead on. I get the feeling evleaks thinks he has something to prove now, with the constant pushing of the BlackBerry Venice info on his Twitter.

Posted via the Android Central App

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Which ever gsmarena battery endurance test of at least 70 is one I will buy. Unfortunately nexus phones are tweaked versions of existing phones oem has already made. I don't believe Huawei or LG hit that mark. Nexus 5 2015 is mostly likely built after LG 4 which had gsmarena battery endurance of 54. I don't see the Nexus 5 2015 being much different.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Might get the huawei version because its bigger but if hueawei releases the nexus and the mate 8 or mate s ill have to go for one of them might be hard

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Which ever gsmarena battery endurance test of at least 70 is one I will buy. Unfortunately nexus phones are tweaked versions of existing phones oem has already made. I don't believe Huawei or LG hit that mark. Nexus 5 2015 is mostly likely built after LG 4 which had gsmarena battery endurance of 54. I don't see the Nexus 5 2015 being much different.

These Nexus phones are not tweaked versions of any other phones. No LG or Huawei phone ever had speakers on the front. The G4's speaker is on the back, and Huawei puts the speaker on the back or bottom. Google told them what they wanted in the Nexus, and LG and Huawei designed the phones from scratch.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Anxiously awaiting the larger Huawei nexus, but, the new note looks real good the moto pure looks even better and the s generation iphone 6 plus is also a contender, if Huawei misses the boat on this I will have to roll the dice on one of the others. Never had an iphone may be time to try one. didnt much used the pens on my notes so may or may not make the effort to try one and the moto pure seems the most like my current nexus 6 albeit a little smaller. love the 6 whichever one stand out as a new experience will be my next.

beaner b

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried calling evleaks out on his claim of the SD 820 being in the Huawei Nexus, and he maintains that it will, based on a "trusted source".
hope he's right but...

By the way, evleaks has been very snippy in continuing to go back and forth with onleaks on Twitter about the validity of his infornation, as late as this morning. If I were evleaks, though, I'd keep quiet because of his massive fail on the M9 leak, as well as the fact that so far, onleaks' Nexus 5 leak was dead on. I get the feeling evleaks thinks he has something to prove now, with the constant pushing of the BlackBerry Venice info on his Twitter.
yea he's all about that phone (that nobody wants)!
seems to be quite a bit of leaks hate lately, lol. don't know who started it but neither one is coming across as too likeable. thing is, both of them are going to be wrong at some point so, they're just making it harder on themselves when the time comes.

These Nexus phones are not tweaked versions of any other phones. No LG or Huawei phone ever had speakers on the front. The G4's speaker is on the back, and Huawei puts the speaker on the back or bottom. Google told them what they wanted in the Nexus, and LG and Huawei designed the phones from scratch.
the question is, were they told the speaker has to be front firing, or dual front speakers?

beaner b

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Anxiously awaiting the larger Huawei nexus, but, the new note looks real good the moto pure looks even better and the s generation iphone 6 plus is also a contender, if Huawei misses the boat on this I will have to roll the dice on one of the others. Never had an iphone may be time to try one. didnt much used the pens on my notes so may or may not make the effort to try one and the moto pure seems the most like my current nexus 6 albeit a little smaller. love the 6 whichever one stand out as a new experience will be my next.
I always think about trying out ios but I really like the direction android's been going the last couple of years. I know some people are pretty down on lollipop but i don't know, i like it. really looking forward to M too.
note 5 camera and screen are the best out there. locked down battery and guaranteed lag kills it for me.
prices for those two phones are killer too.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Under hood is a different story. Nexus 5 (2013) was based on the LG 2 as far as under hood goes. I know there were few changes but were minor changes. Google has them build phones out of what the OEM has in parts bin from there latest devices. FYI I don't see anything wrong with that. I have Nexus 5 and know it's mostly LG G2 underhood. Honestly they can't be "made from scratch" because Google choose a OEM and makes a device with OEM in same year. That is hardly any time go RD a phone scratch. So they take what OEM has previously came out and was successful and tweak it to be nexus device.

beaner b

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Under hood is a different story. Nexus 5 (2013) was based on the LG 2 as far as under hood goes. I know there were few changes but were minor changes. Google has them build phones out of what the OEM has in parts bin from there latest devices. FYI I don't see anything wrong with that. I have Nexus 5 and know it's mostly LG G2 underhood. Honestly they can't be "made from scratch" because Google choose a OEM and makes a device with OEM in same year. That is hardly any time go RD a phone scratch. So they take what OEM has previously came out and was successful and tweak it to be nexus device.
how does the LG or the Huawei nexus having (rumored, of course) front firing speakers and fingerprint scanners, as well as the Huawei having a 5.7" amoled display all fit into that thinking. not exactly minor, no?

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

What don't you understand about me telling you that many sources have said neither phone is based off of any phone that already exists in any way, under the hood, or the way it looks?

The LG Nexus is not based on any other LG phone, and the Huawei Nexus is not based on any other Huawei phone. You're making no sense, sorry. If you don't want either phone that's up to you. Just don't be surprised if it performs better than you expect.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I tried calling evleaks out on his claim of the SD 820 being in the Huawei Nexus, and he maintains that it will, based on a "trusted source". So unless there's a surprise in store, or the phone will release in January, I agree with you. Personally, I'd even take the Kirin 950 in the phone, or the SD 620 or 808 over the 810.

By the way, evleaks has been very snippy in continuing to go back and forth with onleaks on Twitter about the validity of his infornation, as late as this morning. If I were evleaks, though, I'd keep quiet because of his massive fail on the M9 leak, as well as the fact that so far, onleaks' Nexus 5 leak was dead on. I get the feeling evleaks thinks he has something to prove now, with the constant pushing of the BlackBerry Veniceguy info on his Twitter.

that's pretty hysterical ... sounds like a real ****** with a major ego. if he's wrong his credibility is completely gone.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
that's pretty hysterical ... sounds like a real ****** with a major ego. if he's wrong his credibility is completely gone.

Seriously, he sounds so bitter and hateful, not to mention juvenile. Instead of engaging him in an argument, why not let your work speak for you? Oops, he hasn't had much luck lately in that department.

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

He blocked me for linking an Android Police article stating Qualcolmm confirmed 820 isn't due in phones until 2016. And with everything pointing at both phones being released in Q3/Q4, I say 820 isn't happening.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
how does the LG or the Huawei nexus having (rumored, of course) front firing speakers and fingerprint scanners, as well as the Huawei having a 5.7" amoled display all fit into that thinking. not exactly minor, no?

All New Features for those oems but features that becoming the norm for flagship phones. I think I need clarify the specifics "of under hood they will be the same". For example LG g2 and nexus 5 look different they may actually have few " different features but performance is the same. That what saying about 2015 Nexus 5 and probably as well 2015 Nexus 6. We won't see much improvement from what the OEM companies have done lately because their nexus phones be based of similiar devices. So one should not expect leaps in bound in performance from OEM making a Nexus device because Google is involve.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
What don't you understand about me telling you that many sources have said neither phone is based off of any phone that already exists in any way, under the hood, or the way it looks?

The LG Nexus is not based on any other LG phone, and the Huawei Nexus is not based on any other Huawei phone. You're making no sense, sorry. If you don't want either phone that's up to you. Just don't be surprised if it performs better than you expect.

Well I will be happy if wrong but with Google's track record most or all Nexus phones have been based on previous phones or phones soon to come out by the OEM.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Which by way I am not saying bad or phones will be bad. My expectations just are grounded by what Google and OEM's have done in past. Now if this year is year changes then great. I was just stating early that primary LG and Huaweii might not meet battery life I want. I wasn't writing phones off as bad just stating a reasonable opinion.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
He blocked me for linking an Android Police article stating Qualcolmm confirmed 820 isn't due in phones until 2016. And with everything pointing at both phones being released in Q3/Q4, I say 820 isn't happening.

See, that's rude and petty. Why block a person for possibly proving you wrong? The smart, professional thing to say and do would be to say that he respectfully disagrees, and that he can't speak for anyone else, but to reiterate his trust in his source. He's unprofessional and a jerk.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
See, that's rude and petty. Why block a person for possibly proving you wrong? The smart, professional thing to say and do would be to say that he respectfully disagrees, and that he can't speak for anyone else, but to reiterate his trust in his source. He's unprofessional and a jerk.

like you said, "juvenile" .... perfect word to describe him.

at the end of the day, it's a win/win for us. either he's right and we got ourselves an 820, or he's wrong and he'll lose all credibility.