2gb on a 32gb card

phantomracer

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Been having issues with my sd card. I can only seem to copy 2gb to it.

I copy, say 10GB of songs to the card on the pc through the adapter, I can see and access all 10G. When I put it in the phone, I can only see 2gb...then I put it back in the pc, and can only see 2gb..

do I chock this up to a cheap (ebay) card..or could there be a bigger problem?

I have formatted the card in the phone a few times.. but can't get more data on the card.

I have also tried copying the songs via usb cable with the card in the phone..doesn't seem to make a difference

Any ideas?

Paul

phantomracer

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
thats what I figured.. wasnt sure if there was a settng limiting it to 2gb. it seemed to have worked for a while.. then suddenly most of my music was gone..

any tips on where to get a quality card.. brand/specs/etc?

i found this one.. any good? http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-32GB-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1512665

Funny the other day..taking pictures..storing them on the sd card..suddnely they went away..didnt think anything of it.. but now I think the card is fubar

Last edited:

madhatter01

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You got a fake card. I bought one on ebay a while back. Its a 2gb relabled to 32gb. They use a tool to fix the file system to report 32gb. It will even let you copy 32gb to it. Its when you try to read or copy past 2gb that youll notice problems.

phantomracer

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
You got a fake card. I bought one on ebay a while back. Its a 2gb relabled to 32gb. They use a tool to fix the file system to report 32gb. It will even let you copy 32gb to it. Its when you try to read or copy past 2gb that youll notice problems.

yup thats what is happening.. i copy a lot to it.. i can read and write to it.. put it in the phone..poof.. everything over 2g goes away..

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I always go with sandisk, because I use them for my cameras, I just stick with them.

They have ways (even ebay has pics) to show what is a fake card and what isn't.

Got my 32gb which I don't use anymore for like 40.00 last year on amazon.
Class 4.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk