3G reliability issues resolved!

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick update for anyone having problems with unreliable 3G connections in areas where coverage is good.

Verizon shipped me a replacement Fascinate last Friday, and I'm very pleased to report that there is a night and day difference between this replacement unit and my original Fascinate.

The symptoms were unreliable 3G connections even in areas with good RF coverage. As it turned out, the 1XRTT connections on my original phone were also unreliable, which caused delays in establishing network connections when needed, and the dreaded "My 3G Icon Keeps Winking Out All The Time" issue.

The replacement phone is able to maintain a rock-solid 3G connection nearly all of the time, and is able to fall back to the 1XRTT connection in areas of poor 3G coverage. This is a huge improvement over what I was seeing before.

In my research of this issue I found numerous reports of similar problems. If you are having problems with unreliable 3G connections in good coverage areas on the Fascinate, try the ESN swap, as that does seem to work for some people. If that doesn't result in an improvement, exchange the phone under warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201