4.0.4 OTA

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
So I'm a bit miffed, isn't the point of having a "Google" phone to get your updates straight from Google? For Google to be able to push out updates at the drop of a hat? Why does VZW have to approve the updates? I just left Sprint after 15 years for the GN and this doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies to know that I got the hot new Google-ish Phone.

As I understand it, Google can't push the update because of the CDMA radio. The radio is proprietary to Verizon and only Verizon has the encryption key. Verizon must be the ones to push the update.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This morning when I turned on my phone, instead of the boot screen I had Green Andy with a green START arrow above pointing to the power button and text saying

downloading, do not power off

Anyone else have that? What was it? I don't think I got an update, phone is still 4.02 build ICL53F.

Sounds like you inadvertently went into Odin mode which can be reached by pressing on and holding the volume down and power buttons at the same time from a powered off state.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
As I understand it, Google can't push the update because of the CDMA radio. The radio is proprietary to Verizon and only Verizon has the encryption key. Verizon must be the ones to push the update.

I don't believe that is case.

Knyte

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
What's the point of having a Google phone if it isn't updated in a timely fashion from Google? Is this CDMA Nexus the bastard child of VZW/Samsung/Google and we are forced to wait on VZW to push it like every other Android device on big red(which completely destroys this as being a nexus phone and just makes this the Droid Charge 2 with ICS IMHO) :mad:

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
This morning when I turned on my phone, instead of the boot screen I had Green Andy with a green START arrow above pointing to the power button and text saying

downloading, do not power off

Anyone else have that? What was it? I don't think I got an update, phone is still 4.02 build ICL53F.

Yes. You were holding the volume button while powering it on. I got excited too until I realized what I'd done lol

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
That makes sense. I was told that it takes VZW about 1.5 months from the time they receive the update from Google to push the update.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
That makes sense. I was told that it takes VZW about 1.5 months from the time they receive the update from Google to push the update.

That's not shocking in the least. Verizon may be the least responsive and slowest corporation out there.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
How did 4.0.2 get released to the public then?

Very good point.. My guess is there were sitting on a cactus below a tower and said eurika it worked.. (without consideration of anything else) and sent it out.

Lol, or a dude runs up and down their testing building and says ok, signal stuck.. push it lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d