4.0.4 OTA

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Thats something I don't understand u bought a developer device but only plan to keep it stock. The phone is designed to test stuff

For some of us this is a company phone. Most companies frown upon modifying the phone in any way. For some companies it's a violation of corporate policy and could end in termination.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this update will be coming out fairly soon... I work for Verizon and we have internal forums that employees comment on with issues and one of them being the mic getting cut out during calls and according to the moderator of the forum and update will be coming out to fix this issue in beginning of February... so I assume that's the 4.0.4 update

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this update will be coming out fairly soon... I work for Verizon and we have internal forums that employees comment on with issues and one of them being the mic getting cut out during calls and according to the moderator of the forum and update will be coming out to fix this issue in beginning of February... so I assume that's the 4.0.4 update

don't believe everything your boss or internal memos tell you.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
where did you hear march? i heard it was middle february lol

i might unlock the boot or whatever if it's going to take that long.
Someone posted a chart with the update rollouts from a French carrier. The months are in French and the GNex was scheduled to have the 4.0.5 update in Mars, which is French for March. Note it is the 4.0.5 update.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
i know. i heard the "internal memo update" promises from vzw reps for my moto craponic, and exactly zero came to fruition in the timeframe.

Well its a forum very similar to how we discuess issues on these forums and a moderator replies with ways to resolve the issue or a timeline for it.

seanmacanally

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
haha wow, people just come up with any story they want and people will just believe it huh?

i can assure you am in no way an insider. if i were an insider, wouldn't i know wtf was happening with the phone and it's updates? wouldn't i know someone that would be able to stop the annoying ota notification? I am not familiar with the detailed technical aspects of the operating system. that said, i'm also not a complete idiot. i can follow rooting instructions and figure out how to use an explorer.

in any case, i posted what i found largely out of selfishness. the popup is an annoyance, but I'm not willing to give up my root to get rid of it. just waiting on a root..

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Idk about that 4.0.4 rumor. We have had one or two say that the current 4.0.4 build hasnt fixed that issue for them. Unless maybe its a radio problem and they add different radios in the 4.0.4 update.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't work that way, which is my point. It is being leaked by insiders. I thank them, but they are not newbie AC posters with limited technical experience.

It actually CAN work that way. If an IMEI is entered mistakenly, or if said person is a tester for Verizon or Google.

h20squirter

Apr 19, 2010
www.rossmeadows.com
So I'm a bit miffed, isn't the point of having a "Google" phone to get your updates straight from Google? For Google to be able to push out updates at the drop of a hat? Why does VZW have to approve the updates? I just left Sprint after 15 years for the GN and this doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies to know that I got the hot new Google-ish Phone.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
So I'm a bit miffed, isn't the point of having a "Google" phone to get your updates straight from Google? For Google to be able to push out updates at the drop of a hat? Why does VZW have to approve the updates? I just left Sprint after 15 years for the GN and this doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies to know that I got the hot new Google-ish Phone.

Who do you think it's going to answer customer questions when there is a problem after the update? Not Google, VZW will. So they want to be sure of the quality of the update plus they also need to understand what is changing so they are ready to provide that support.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

h20squirter

Apr 19, 2010
www.rossmeadows.com
Who do you think it's going to answer customer questions when there is a problem after the update? Not Google, VZW will. So they want to be sure of the quality of the update plus they also need to understand what is changing so they are ready to provide that support.

good point.

bigknowzz

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
This morning when I turned on my phone, instead of the boot screen I had Green Andy with a green START arrow above pointing to the power button and text saying

downloading, do not power off

Anyone else have that? What was it? I don't think I got an update, phone is still 4.02 build ICL53F.

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
This morning when I turned on my phone, instead of the boot screen I had Green Andy with a green START arrow above pointing to the power button and text saying

downloading, do not power off

Anyone else have that? What was it? I don't think I got an update, phone is still 4.02 build ICL53F.

Happened to me a few weeks back. Got all excited for nothing.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred