4.1.2 On GS3 On Sprint

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got both updates. The major issue I am having is that the swype keyboard lags when it's suppose to come up right away. :( super upset about this. Any ideas or tips how to fix it? Sometimes I have to click on something several times until the damn thing pops up!

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
yea, go to settings, apps, all apps, find google framework services, clear data click yes. then go back into system updates you'll notice it says you haven't checked for an update since 1969 or something like that. lol. Then update! If it doesn't work, try the same process until it does.

poohbear538

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
rinkrat19, I am having the same issues with the email. Have you found a solution? I contacted Sprint and they made me feel like I was crazy, saying the phone has always done that. It's the way it should be. Yours is the only link I have found to describe the same issue I have been having... I have restored the phone to the factory settings, redone the email and nothing... Please tell me you have found a solution.

uscpsycho

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Completely stock except for my non-root camera shutter sound toggle on a completely stock Sprint GS3 - I thought it would have messed up my non-root shutter toggle and camera while on phone tweak, but everything was left untouched! Yea!!!
What? How you do this without root?

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
What? How you do this without root?

It's all in billard412's programing - I am sure that is why his file is so large and is also probably why it takes so long to finish to basically change two "false" statements into two "true" statements. A simple one click process. I like this mod the best for me because it gives me the toggle in the settings where it normally is like most other "other" GS3's and is not per say an add on hack because the line codes are there, just not active. It is tiny mod for such a big file - I beleive AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile has shutter toggle out of the box, but Sprint deactivated it.

With that being said, this leaves me completely stock so the OTA updates come with no problem and causes no problem. Press one button wait like 10 to 15 min and it is all done - no glitches at all. Simplest mod I have ever done.

uscpsycho

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
It's all in billard412's programing - I am sure that is why his file is so large and is also probably why it takes so long to finish to basically change two "false" statements into two "true" statements. A simple one click process. I like this mod the best for me because it gives me the toggle in the settings where it normally is like most other "other" GS3's and is not per say an add on hack because the line codes are there, just not active. It is tiny mod for such a big file - I beleive AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile has shutter toggle out of the box, but Sprint deactivated it.

With that being said, this leaves me completely stock so the OTA updates come with no problem and causes no problem. Press one button wait like 10 to 15 min and it is all done - no glitches at all. Simplest mod I have ever done.
"It's all in billard412's programing" isn't quite the answer I was looking for. Where do I go about finding this programming? And installing it?

I find it hard to believe that this is possible without rooting but I believe you if you say it's so. Now where do I find this brilliant piece of billard412's programming?

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
"It's all in billard412's programing" isn't quite the answer I was looking for. Where do I go about finding this programming? And installing it?

I find it hard to believe that this is possible without rooting but I believe you if you say it's so. Now where do I find this brilliant piece of billard412's programming?

The link is in the above post number 58. Worked with no quirks of any kind for me. Although the usual disclaimer, I take no responsibility and I am not associated with billard412 in any way. My phone was "completely stock" when I did the mod and I was on 4.1.1 when I did it. The tweak has survived the Sprint OTA upgrade to MB1 - 4.1.2

pachanga81

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey did u ever figure out hot to fix the keyboard issue? I just updated ti 4.1.2 a few days ago (Sprint). and I wish I never had bc it's so annoying... even after I back out of the text screen and go to the home screen the keyboard is still shown sometimes. sometimes only half the keyboard. any help would be appreciated.

knockmom

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
hey mouseglider,
i did billard 412's one click on my sprint gs3 and it all seemed to be fine, but now my wifi toggle is greyed out and won't stay in the "on" position. it just keeps saying "Turning on..." but doesn't do anything. do you have any thoughts on this? thanks, i'd really appreciate any help.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
hey mouseglider,
i did billard 412's one click on my sprint gs3 and it all seemed to be fine, but now my wifi toggle is greyed out and won't stay in the "on" position. it just keeps saying "Turning on..." but doesn't do anything. do you have any thoughts on this? thanks, i'd really appreciate any help.

I would say try a battery pull or a reboot and see if that helps, it might have been a coincidence, because the only thing that billard412's tweak does is change one word from "false" to "true" in two consecutive lines of the camera feature. It has nothing to do with wifi.

These are the two lines that ballard412's non-root tweak download edits:

<CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>false</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>
To look like this:
<CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>

The other line lit changed looks like this:
<CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>false</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>
To look like this:
<CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>true</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>

As you can see it only affects two lines and changes only two statement words from "false" to a "true", you cannot change this without being rooted, unless you use billard412's non-root one click tweak. The "feature.xml" file is located here -> /system/csc/feature.xml <- ......even if you are not rooted you can still go to this location to view it.

There are many links that show this, but here is a start, one of the many links here on AC that explains it:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-turn-off-your-shutter-sound-2-minutes-4.html

You can also go to the original link where you got billard412's tweak download file and read more of it there also.

Last edited:

knockmom

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I would say try a battery pull or a reboot and see if that helps, it might have been a coincidence, because the only thing that billard412's tweak does is change one word from "false" to "true" in two consecutive lines of the camera feature. It has nothing to do with wifi.

These are the two lines that ballard412's non-root tweak download edits:

<CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>false</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>
To look like this:
<CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>

The other line lit changed looks like this:
<CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>false</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>
To look like this:
<CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>true</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>

As you can see it only affects two lines and changes only two statement words from "false" to a "true", you cannot change this without being rooted, unless you use billard412's non-root one click tweak. The "feature.xml" file is located here -> /system/csc/feature.xml <- ......even if you are not rooted you can still go to this location to view it.

There are many links that show this, but here is a start, one of the many links here on AC that explains it:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...-turn-off-your-shutter-sound-2-minutes-4.html

You can also go to the original link where you got billard412's tweak download file and read more of it there also.

thanks for the reply and info :)
i actually got a hold of billard412 and now working to see if there's a fix for it <fingers crossed>

rinkrat19

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
rinkrat19, I am having the same issues with the email. Have you found a solution? I contacted Sprint and they made me feel like I was crazy, saying the phone has always done that. It's the way it should be. Yours is the only link I have found to describe the same issue I have been having... I have restored the phone to the factory settings, redone the email and nothing... Please tell me you have found a solution.
Nope, I haven't found any solution. I guess most people must just be using IMAP or Exchange email accounts, or don't mind the phone deleting mail from the server, and haven't noticed the issue. INCREDIBLY ANNOYING!

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
hey mouseglider,

I had a similar experience using this method also. My email app was grayed out. I could not enable it or disable it.

uscpsycho

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
hey mouseglider,

I had a similar experience using this method also. My email app was grayed out. I could not enable it or disable it.

So I was going to do this but now I have cold feet. This obviously has the potential to fark your phone up in multiple ways.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I was going to do this but now I have cold feet. This obviously has the potential to fark your phone up in multiple ways.
I did not think it was the Billard412's one click that did it until I saw the post from Mouseglider. I can say I am still not sure. If you decide to use this method, just make sure you enable everything on your phone first. I have not of anyone else having an issue with this. I can not prove that it was the method that messed up my phone, but I don't know what else it could have been.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the reply and info :)
i actually got a hold of billard412 and now working to see if there's a fix for it <fingers crossed>

Keep us informed of the outcome - all I know, I was "completely stock and on 4.1.1" and everything went perfectly smooth for me.