4.2.2 Update

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Got it this morning! Magnetic cover now wakes up instantly, and everything seems to be smooth so far. Much better than 4.2.1 at least.

clashRAINN

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You might want to be careful what you wish for, as N has a shorter range. better to be connected at 65Mbs than not at all as you get past the limit of N coverage.

You are right, N has shorter range. But the spectrum is less cluttered so I get less interference. Microwaves, cordless phones and countless other devices all operate in the 2.4GHz range and can affect performance. I live in an apartment building so this matters to me. Regardless, the argument that someone "doesn't need it" doesn't change the fact that N was working fine before the update and now it isn't working at all. After all, I could ask why you care so much about Bluetooth...why not just use a pair of wired headphones to stream pandora. Answer: because you paid for a device that is supposed to support Bluetooth and you likely are a fan of not being tethered to your tablet. I paid for a device that supports N and there is no excuse for pushing an update that completely breaks that feature.

To be clear, I am not here trying to bash Google. I am a HUGE fan of Google. I own many Android devices including the OG DROID, the OG Xoom, the Galaxy Nexus, the Nexus 7 (of course) and even a Nexus Q (yes, I am one of the very few that was blessed by Google with a FREE Nexus Q.... and I love it).... are you starting to get the picture?? Bottom line is that I want my device to work and as I said, I am DISAPPOINTED that the update broke this feature of my device. Which is why I came to the forums. My hope is that if others are having this problem maybe someone can point me in the direction of a fix (hopefully one that does not involve rooting my device....I have rooted and ROM'ed every android device I own except the N7 and my Q and was hoping to avoid that because I just wanted to keep them both stock for awhile) OR that the issue will get the attention of the site moderators who could then blog about it and hopefully get Google's attention and thus get the issue resolved.

dafe01

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I also had no problems with 4.2.1. I updated my stock rom, rooted N7 using cwm recovery and the update file I downloaded from another site. With Supersu and Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, I kept root and cwm recovery through the process. 4.2.2 is running great.

With Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper did you choose the option to temporarily unroot to keep backup prior to updating? I have Supersu and Voodoo but not sure how to use Voodoo so that I retain my root after update. Currently holding off on update on my n4 until I can ensure I do not loose my root. Any assistance would be appreciated (new convert to Android!).

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
With Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper did you choose the option to temporarily unroot to keep backup prior to updating? I have Supersu and Voodoo but not sure how to use Voodoo so that I retain my root after update. Currently holding off on update on my n4 until I can ensure I do not loose my root. Any assistance would be appreciated (new convert to Android!).

In Voodoo Root Keeper, choose to 'protect root'. Install the update, when tab reboots, open Voodoo and choose 'protect root' again.

Sent from my Cyano-Mod'd Nexus 7

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
My NFC process has crashed twice since the update and required me to restart the tablet and it never happened before.

I use NFC tags and it would do nothing when tapping it. Trying to toggle it on and off would cause a force close of the toggle app.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
In OTA Rootkeeper, before applying the update make sure to protect root. Then afterwards use Rootkeeper to restore root if it's been lost. There is no reason to unroot before applying the update.

robertpcan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just tried updating my N7 again, still got a error, here's what its looking like for me. And yes, it still boots up and runs fine, just no freaking update

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.2.2 Update-20130214_163520.jpg

Anyone else having this same problem? I have a non-rooted Nexus 7 and am experiencing the same thing. Even after a factory reset I still have the same problem. :(

Please help me! Not even sure what to do/try now. :confused:

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
i was able to update it, ended up unrooting, re root to get CWM and flashed it.. if i remember correctly. lost everything though (so back everything up, internal was deleted) and i lost my back up :/ luckily i didnt have much on it and google restored mostly everything
Did you ever figure out this issue? I have the exact same problem; I've tried doing the update 3 times and get this every time. I'm rooted, stock 4.2.1, and I've got everything backed up with Titanium backup, so I can just manually perform the update, but I was curious if you found anything on why this error happens when trying to update via OTA.

Last edited: