45-watt Fast Charger

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Here's a video I watched yesterday on the speed of charging from 0 to 100. With a 25w vs 45w not even 10 difference.

https://youtu.be/5R7xN1cYcbc
Coming from a note 10+ I am familiar with this test. The only time the 45 watt charger charged faster is when the battery is below 50%. The higher the charge in battery the charge rate slows down. I can give you my personal experience...6% to 51% in 17 minutes. As another post said, I would only get it with your free promo credit or like I did, got it thru Verizon on sale for $38, which I bought for a class gift.

Also, pay attention to buying 3rd party 45 watt charger. Samsung has some kind of technology built in that at the moment only Samsung chargers work

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
At the moment you can find the 45W charger on amazon.co.uk for 28-31 GBP
I bought one yesterday and with exchange rate it turned into 37 Euro but with free shipping, normal price here is around 55 Euro.
I mainly bought it as a travel charger to cover both my Note 10 plus and my chromebook

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
At the moment you can find the 45W charger on amazon.co.uk for 28-31 GBP
I bought one yesterday and with exchange rate it turned into 37 Euro but with free shipping, normal price here is around 55 Euro.
I mainly bought it as a travel charger to cover both my Note 10 plus and my chromebook
If it's not a genuine Samsung charger it might not work. Samsung's charger communicates with the phone, without that communication it won't work. I don't know what the technology is called, but it's new with Samsung and not sure if the third party chargers have adapted it yet. Guess what you need to take from this, just because it says it's a 45 watt charger does not mean it will work on Samsung phones.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
If it's not a genuine Samsung charger it might not work. Samsung's charger communicates with the phone, without that communication it won't work. I don't know what the technology is called, but it's new with Samsung and not sure if the third party chargers have adapted it yet. Guess what you need to take from this, just because it says it's a 45 watt charger does not mean it will work on Samsung phones.

It's the genuine Samsung one (well it is sold as anyway) only catch was that it was only available in white, I will still inspect it thoroughly to ensure it is not counterfeit though and if it is PayPal and Amazon can deal with it.
Part number listed and original box anyway so a good chance it is legit.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It's the genuine Samsung one (well it is sold as anyway) only catch was that it was only available in white, I will still inspect it thoroughly to ensure it is not counterfeit though and if it is PayPal and Amazon can deal with it.
Part number listed and original box anyway so a good chance it is legit.
Cool. I read a lot about this on the note 10+. A lot were finding cheaper 45 watt chargers and finding out that they won't work on Samsung because of that technology Samsung has in them. So you should be good. It's nice to have for when you do drop it down to 20% and need a quick charge. If you're at 70% the 45 Watts won't do anything, just normal charging. It's solely for quick charging below 50%. I still use it, but people shouldn't buy it if they think it's going to be super fast charging all the time. Hope it's a OEM and it works good for you.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes I'm fully aware about its limitations and that's one of the reasons I cancelled my order originally when I first got the Note 10 plus, but now that I could get it a lot cheaper and it will do for my chromebook as well, plus it is the exact same charger as the one for the S20 Ultra (same part number) so I imagine it will be for the Note 20 as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d