6.0 Marshmallow for the DROID TURBO 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: When is Droid Turbo 2 getting Marshmallow?

If they had put that page up by mistake again, I would think it would have been removed by now.

So why put the page up and leave it if they did not intend to roll out the update?

Posted via the Android Central App

Who says it's up by mistake?

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I am confused. The Software Update page says "Droid Turbo 2 by Motorola last updated 03/01/2016" . Are you folks saying that this is referring to the update date of the referenced update document, not the update date of the latest software version for that device? :confused: If so, I think that that would be a strained interpretation, since the page states: "Find the latest software updates for your device below."

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I am confused. The Software Update page says "Droid Turbo 2 by Motorola last updated 03/01/2016" . Are you folks saying that this is referring to the update date of the referenced update document, not the update date of the latest software version for that device? :confused: If so, I think that that would be a strained interpretation, since the page states: "Find the latest software updates for your device below."

I am reading it as, "page last updated".

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I am confused. The Software Update page says "Droid Turbo 2 by Motorola last updated 03/01/2016" . Are you folks saying that this is referring to the update date of the referenced update document, not the update date of the current software version for that device? :confused:

It's definitely the date the document was last updated. See the dates for the other phones, such as the iPhone 6s, which has seen plenty of updates since then.

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
It's definitely the date the document was last updated. See the dates for the other phones, such as the iPhone 6s, which has seen plenty of updates since then.
I'll take your word for it and move on. They say "Find the latest software updates for your device below.", and then change the referent of the word "update" in "Droid Turbo 2 by Motorola last updated 03/01/2016" to be the document describing the update rather than the software update itself . Other than the fact that you have external knowledge about when various phones were updated, how would the average person get this interpretation? I am not trying to be pedantic; it just would not have ever occurred to me to understand the date as referring to the modification time of the linked document, when the subject of the page is "software updates".

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Man, I'm not one of those guys who get upset or constantly want updates because even though Verizon takes longer, in my experience they put out a less buggy product. With that said, tell me the updated is coming and all of a sudden I'm checking every chance I get. Haha!

Kyle Doughty

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Still no mm for me. I checked a few other forums and it seems to be the general consensus that the update hasn't started yet. Still looking forward to getting the update.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
All phones skipped Honeycomb, even Nexus phones.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

thats right. I forgot. It was one of the releases that Moto just skipped over though.

cjp39

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
On the 29th of Feb. that page read Droid Turbo 2 - 3/1. Man, they were really trying to confuse people by pre-dating the date stamp. I'm glad they list a page of date stamped previous (but not all updates) it's very useful. :eek:

Pinzgauer

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
... So bottom line, nobody has received, or knows of anyone who has received the update as general release.
Correct?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Actually, the original (Moto) Droid Maxx shipped with Honeycomb - we thought ICS would never come.
Since you said "actually"- no phone ever shipped with Honeycomb - it was tablet only.

The Droid Maxx shipped with Jellybean. I'm sure that you mean the Droid Razr (which was followed a few weeks later by the Razr Maxx, which pissed a lot of people off who bought the Razr not knowing it was coming with a larger battery.) It came with Gingerbread.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow! Verizon customer communications skills are in the toilet. My D2 works nicely, but If MM is out there, then let us have it. If it is not ready yet, why don't they tell us? Boy, do they need a kick a-- PR guy/gal. Maybe they use the Dbrand robot for all their communications to the customers. I might have worn a hole in my screen pressing the System Updates line.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI to everybody - pressing the check for update button will do a check, but, if the update is not available for your phone, it will only check once a day. After that first time, it will keep saying it's not available. Checking several times a day is just wasting your time.

Also, as I have said before, updates are rolled out, so do not be surprised to learn that some people have it but your phone says it's not available.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
While we're waiting for marshmallow here, can I ask how you all like your screen? I'm pretty close to ordering the dt2 and keep reading about how soft the screen is. Some have said put on a screen protector but it already has 5 layers, does that affect clarity? And I've read that the many layers make it kinda dull or not so vibrant, how have you found it to be?
Thank you!

Posted via Android Central App