6.0 Marshmallow for the DROID TURBO 2

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
How will doze mode work if the phone is in your pocket & your walking? Will doze mode still kick in as the phone will sense it's moving?

Posted via Android Central App

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
How will doze mode work if the phone is in your pocket & your walking? Will doze mode still kick in as the phone will sense it's moving?

No, if it's in your pocket and moving doze will not kick in. It only will turn on after the phone had been completely untouched for some period of time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

No.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
A poster on the XDA forum heard from a Verizon technician that the update had been pulled for further testing. Maybe they found something wrong during the soak.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
A poster on the XDA forum heard from a Verizon technician that the update had been pulled for further testing. Maybe they found something wrong during the soak.

I'll just give my normal warning not to believe everything a Verizon technician tells you, especially about things like this.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
No, if it's in your pocket and moving doze will not kick in. It only will turn on after the phone had been completely untouched for some period of time.

Ok thanks. Can't wait to get this phone next month.

jonstrong

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Still strikes me as odd that the "testing" should take so long. A well managed software process, in a company with Verizon's resources, with properly managed regression testing, should be able to tackle this far faster and more reliably. Oh well...maybe I'm answering my own objection...

Kaguar77

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Still strikes me as odd that the "testing" should take so long. A well managed software process, in a company with Verizon's resources, with properly managed regression testing, should be able to tackle this far faster and more reliably. Oh well...maybe I'm answering my own objection...

It's becoming quite frustrating just because it says it was released on the first for the turbo 2 and still nothing.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's becoming quite frustrating just because it says it was released on the first for the turbo 2 and still nothing.

Date of notes 3/1 vs. actual date (not given).

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I can tell you this, I've never taken my phone off the charger at 630 and it now being 910 and the battery percentage still saying 100.

Doze doing work! Have you used the phone at all during that time? My experience with the T2 is that its battery percentage drops quickly when being used. I am hoping a software update can optimize.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I know, I am shocked that that people blatantly break rules ... From what I have heard, soak test members are not allowed to be talking about their experience. Motorola could shut future tests down for others, so I am looking out for Motorola soak testers.

It's not like it's a secret. Much bigger things to worry about other than this.