7.1.1 update?

snavelw

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nexus 6 with US Cellular as my carrier. My phone is registered in the beta program. My phone currently has 7.0 with the October 5th security update.

Does anyone know when I will get 7.1.1 with January security update OTA?

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I haven't read about anyone receiving the OTA update so far - only about people sideloading. It may be that the OTA was halted because of the speakerphone bug, but no one seems to really know what is going on.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I haven't read about anyone receiving the OTA update so far - only about people sideloading. It may be that the OTA was halted because of the speakerphone bug, but no one seems to really know what is going on.
Carriers are also notorious for taking at least 6 weeks after the release of a new build to test it for compatibility with their networks, especially re. 911 calls. And with different 7.0 updates seeping in from OEMs, they probably dumped 7.1.1 on a backburner anyway.

And on a completely unrelated point, the latest Nova launcher update (5.0.1) does a nice job of mimicking the look of the Pixel launcher, minus the new navbar icons (and no Google Assistant, of course). So those of us who are too lazy to root can at least get a Pixel facelift on our dual-speaker thug thangs.

Last edited:

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
....So those of us who are too lazy to root

Hate to belabor the point, but will ;-) ,

I'm on Google's Project Fi, no update from Fi either.
Got my 7.1.1 by sideloading it from Googles own OTA's.
Root isn't required.
fastboot and adb are needed to be installed on your pc.
google: "Nexus factory images", go to OTA tab
directions are on the site.
Good Luck

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 6 on AT&T

As of Feb 2, I haven't received the OTA for 7.1 yet either.

I might flash it using NRT

net62957

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Same boat.....6 sitting on 7.0 with 10/16 security date... My 6 saw it's shadow and it looks like 6 more weeks of 7.0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya