A 9-Volt Battery Is All This Tiny Charger Needs To Revive Your Phone

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
The creators of the Plan V have opted to go the Kickstarter route to make their invention a reality, and a donation of just $10 secures you a microUSB version with a delivery of sometime in February, assuming the crowdfunding campaign reaches its $30,000 goal.

But if they don't meet the 30 G's goal, you loose..

I've seen a lot of these ideas die on the vine so I'll have to pass..

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
But if they don't meet the 30 G's goal, you loose..

I've seen a lot of these ideas die on the vine so I'll have to pass..

1. you only pay if it gets funded.
2. they are over $11,000 already and climbing fast only a few days into it.
3. learn the difference between loose and lose.

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
1. you only pay if it gets funded.

Still a waste... The design is an accident waiting to happen.. A better bet is to have 1 or 2 spare batteries..

2. they are over $11,000 already and climbing fast only a few days into it.

Ubuntu started off fast with their Ubuntu phone but still failed to reach their goal so it too died...
Reminds me of those late night infomercials where people bought every gadget being offered then never used them..

3. learn the difference between loose and lose.

Blame it on spell check/auto correct..but then this is nitpicking...why get upset about it. I've seen far worse spelling on this forum..

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Still a waste... The design is an accident waiting to happen.. A better bet is to have 1 or 2 spare batteries..

Ubuntu started off fast with their Ubuntu phone but still failed to reach their goal so it too died...
Reminds me of those late night infomercials where people bought every gadget being offered then never used them..

Blame it on spell check/auto correct..but then this is nitpicking...why get upset about it. I've seen far worse spelling on this forum..

1. the design is great.
2. sorry i won't be carrying around bulky spare batteries like some kind of nerd. i'm a minimalist. not to mention constantly having to charge them. F that. i need a tiny, sleek, easy, inconspicuous emergency solution.
3. i went on all night 24 hour bender the other night and ran out of battery the next day. this would've saved me.
4. the internet is 20+ years old and people still can't get loose vs. lose right.
5. if it doesn't get funded no harm no foul.

Last edited:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
the beauty of this little device is that if you are roaming the city and run out of juice there are 7-11s and convenience stores and corner markets and gas stations on every corner. i went on a 24 hour bender last week and my phone died the next day. this would've saved me. no need to carry around a bulky extra battery and cable OR have to worry about keeping it charged! you have this tiny little emergency jumper cable on your keychain that you forget about but is always with you - until you need it! think about being in the bar at 3am and your phone dies and you get separated from your friends and they're your ride home. grab a 9 volt battery at the corner store or gas station or wherever and you're instantly operational and mobile! it's happened to me. grab one! great peace of mind for only $17!

we are at about $17K/$30K with 25/30 days to go!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1838401618/plan-v-the-failsafe-charger-you-cant-leave-home-wi

Last edited:

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Keep this on your key chain or in your purse , juice is low you don't have q charger. You're not a power user who keeps a spare battery or portable usb battery. But grocery stores, drug stores, maybe even the house you're at has a 9V . easy, simple. It's small enough it doesn't matter how useless it will be most of the time. I like it. Get that going for iPhone tho. Apple nerds like dumb accessories.

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
why not just buy a plain ol anker charger? A 3200 mah one was on sale yesterday for 14 dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Lipstic...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4092216

promo code: BFDEALSM

may or may nto still work

9 volt battery is around 400 mah. a AA is around 2700 mah. why would they use 9 volt over AA? heck even an AAA is about 1200 mah.

personally, i hate 9 volt batteries. extremely expensive and hardly ever used. Only place in my house that actually uses 9 volt batteries are in my smoke detectors. And I wish I had $1200 to switch to nest protects (yes even though my smoke detectors are hardwired) and thankfully the backups are AA over those stupid cruddy 9 volt.

Last edited:

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
why not just buy a plain ol anker charger? A 3200 mah one was on sale yesterday for 14 dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Lipstic...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4092313

9 volt battery is around 400 mah. a AA is around 2700 mah. why would they use 9 volt over AA? heck even an AAA is about 1200 mah.

personally, i hate 9 volt batteries. extremely expensive and hardly ever used. Only place in my house that actually uses 9 volt batteries are in my smoke detectors. And I wish I had $1200 to switch to nest protects (yes even though my smoke detectors are hardwired) and thankfully the backups are AA over those stupid cruddy 9 volt.

The 9 volt version reminds me of those late night infomercial gadgets that people bought and maybe used once then thrown in a drawer to be forgotten..

The one you linked to is a far better buy.. I'd even be willing to spend the extra to get it instead of making a gimmick buy like the 9 volt version...

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Amazon.com: Anker® 2nd Gen Astro Mini 3200mAh Lipstick-Sized Portable External Battery Charger with PowerIQTM Technology for iPhone, Samsung, HTC and More (Black) (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

because i don't want to carry an external battery AND a microUSB cord to the club and everywhere i go! and i dont want to have to worry about keeping it charged and remembering to carry it! this is for EMERGENCY situations to get you a couple of hours of talk/data time. you are really missing the obvious use case here. have you ever been out at the bar or club at 3am and your battery died? or wake up hung over in some strange chick's house at 9am miles away from your house and a charger?

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
because i don't want to carry an external battery AND a microUSB cord to the club and everywhere i go! and i dont want to have to worry about keeping it charged and remembering to carry it! this is for EMERGENCY situations to get you a couple of hours of talk/data time. you are really missing the obvious use case here. have you ever been out at the bar or club at 3am and your battery died? or wake up hung over in some strange chick's house at 9am miles away from your house and a charger?

because out of all things, you're going to have a 9 volt battery handy in your pocket?

AA battery uh maybe. 9 volt?

People don't even have 9 volt batteries at home to change their smoke detector batteries, how are you going to have a 9 volt battery at a club?

As far as any of those incidents happening, I have a wife who always happens to have a rather large purse full of snacks, candy, and an external battery charger (i.e. like the Anker one I posted above.) So, no, I have never come across a situation particularly due to the fact that you would require a rare, expensive 9 volt battery. Have you seen the price of those things? they're like 5 bucks. Eff that.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
because out of all things, you're going to have a 9 volt battery handy in your pocket?

AA battery uh maybe. 9 volt?

People don't even have 9 volt batteries at home to change their smoke detector batteries, how are you going to have a 9 volt battery at a club?

no man. i'm not carrying any battery! i walk out of the club at 3am and hit the 7-11 on the corner and buy a friggin battery! anywhere in the world! does that make any sense to you?

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site

http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Lipstic...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4092376

And then you also have products such as this; http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000J...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4092376 .

Use to have one, I can safely say that it was garbage.

I also have a battery bank 4000 mah it is well worth what I paid for. So why settle for just to revive the phone; when you can revive the device and charge it completely? I understand that this is a kickstarter type of thing but to me it makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
And then you also have products such as this; Energizer Energi-To-Go Battery Operated Instant Cell Phone Charger:Amazon:Electronics .

Use to have one, I can safely say that it was garbage.

I also have a battery bank 4000 mah it is well worth what I paid for. So why settle for just to revive the phone; when you can revive the device and charge it completely? I understand that this is a kickstarter type of thing but to me it makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

do you see how tiny and inconspicuous this thing is?

PlanV_large.jpg

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
no man. i'm not carrying any battery! i walk out of the club at 3am and hit the 7-11 on the corner and buy a friggin battery! anywhere in the world! does that make any sense to you?

If you're going to a club, most likely you're not going to be using your phone and if you left your house topped up, this would never be a problem to begin with.

Even if your phone was 50% or 25% and you hardly used your phone, it would easily last the next 5-6 hours on standby.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
If you're going to a club, most likely you're not going to be using your phone and if you left your house topped up, this would never be a problem to begin with.

Even if your phone was 50% or 25% and you hardly used your phone, it would easily last the next 5-6 hours on standby.

real world example - this is why i'm so fired up about this - just this last Friday i unplugged the Nexus 5 at 100% and met people for happy hour at 3:30pm. then ended up at strip club, late dinner, then club, then crashed at friend's hotel at 3:30am (phone was at like 1%), woke up - phone was dead, had big lunch, and then a taxi/train ride home (luckily i could navigate my way and find schedule, get taxi with no working phone. and luckily i had a hotel room to stay in.). i got home at 3:30pm on Saturday! 24 hours later! all of this was unexpected! i only expected to go out for a few hours! my battery was dead when i woke up at 9:30am. friend had iPhone, front desk at hotel gave me an old defective charger to use - it didn't work! i only finally got to charge my phone when i got home 24 hours after my night started. now granted this is an extreme case - and i don't do these 24 hour benders every weekend - but this is precisely the emergency scenario that this product is good for. and it would've saved me. God forbid i needed to reach someone or someone needed to reach me.

just like the guy says - "When I go out, all I ever take are my keys, my wallet, and my phone. The three point check.”

Last edited:

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
real world example - this is why i'm so fired up about this - just this last Friday i unplugged the Nexus 5 at 100% and met people for happy hour at 3:30pm. then ended up at strip club, late dinner, then club, then crashed at friend's hotel at 3:30am (phone was at like 1%),

Sounds like you have a bad battery.. 99% in just 12 hours??

I can charge my GS5 to 100% go out all night which includes talking, browsing the web, checking email, and take plenty of pictures and only be down to 60-65%. If I want to boost my charge, I have a car charger that stays in the car..

I then still have enough to talk more etc before finally putting the phone on charge 24 hours later with still 25-35% remaining..

I know the above to be fact since I have done it several times....

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you have a bad battery.. 99% in just 12 hours??

I can charge my GS5 to 100% go out all night which includes talking, browsing the web, checking email, and take plenty of pictures and only be down to 60-65%. If I want to boost my charge, I have a car charger that stays in the car..

I then still have enough to talk more etc before finally putting the phone on charge 24 hours later with still 25-35% remaining..

I know the above to be fact since I have done it several times....

maybe. but it is a Nexus 5 (only 2,300 mAh) on Lollipop? i probably made a dozen each - short phone calls, texts, MMS, camera shots with flash, web searches that whole night - with some random checks/wakes in between. i thought 12 hours was decent?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attila