A contacts profile pic appears on my home screen, what causes that to happen?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Yesterday on my S7 a contacts messenger profile pic appeared on my screen when I woke my phone up. Why does this happen or what does this mean has happened?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC forums, me or other members would be happy to assist you but if we need to ask additional questions you'll need to register as a member to respond . I'll provide a link to register so you can reply and communicate with us .https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154
Yesterday on my S7 a contacts messenger profile pic appeared on my screen when I woke my phone up. Why does this happen or what does this mean has happened?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean it appeared on your screen? It popped up and closed, it was your new wallpaper, there was a chat bubble? What do you mean it appeared?

Is this person in your RL contacts, like you have their phone number or what not, or are you just friends on Messenger, just friends on Facebook?

None of your other contacts ever show up on your phone?

What was odd or weird about this?

milliebeau

Aug 11, 2019
Visit site
It’s not weird I just wondered why it is happening. It is only the circle pic no writing and later that day another persons pic was on the opening screen which wasn’t the messenger app page.

milliebeau

Aug 11, 2019
Visit site
You can move it around and X out of it. I am more curious about the reason why they appear out of the messenger app. Is it because I chatted, called or videoed with them that day or is because maybe they sent me a message or I initiated a message to them. I am just curious as to why it is happening. I don’t know what a chat head looks like, lol, I am new to this phone 😁

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You can move it around and X out of it. I am more curious about the reason why they appear out of the messenger app. Is it because I chatted, called or videoed with them that day or is because maybe they sent me a message or I initiated a message to them. I am just curious as to why it is happening. I don’t know what a chat head looks like, lol, I am new to this phone
They probably sent you a message

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001