A question about memory...

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
Since i was with Apple for so long, i have a habit of hecking my memory at least 3 times a week because i had a lot memory used on my 64 gig phone and wanted to keep at least 15 gigs free moving everything else to the iCloud to keep my phone where i wanted it. but now i have this 128 gig monster of a phone... i still check my memory like i a 64 gig trap phone (lol!doe anyone else do that, or is it just me?!), my question is, with this phone having such a massive storage, does anyone use/pay for cloud service as a back up still, or do you solely depend on the internal storage?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Any data that's solely on your phone may be gone forever if your phone breaks or gets lost or stolen. Samsung Cloud and Google Drive provide free cloud backup. But as for filling up the phone's storage, I don't worry about that and I rarely check or move things away from my phone.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Factory reset and poof! internal is lost.
Sorry iCloud is currently not available?

Samsung Cloud does a reasonable job
Google photos
OneDrive for Office
Dropbox for some users

You can use SDXC card slot or ext. USBC
Connect to Mac or PC to backup.

Never just one copy or just one backup set unless losing it is not an issue. Family photos, etc.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
With all my grandchildren pictures, I can dump storage in the SD card then offline it in the pass port under my car seat. With using a drone and having a 3T mini drive on standby helps. I have some things in the Samsung cloud as well.
This phone has never given me any trouble at all. Always snappy and ready to go.

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
With all my grandchildren pictures, I can dump storage in the SD card then offline it in the pass port under my car seat. With using a drone and having a 3T mini drive on standby helps. I have some things in the Samsung cloud as well.
This phone has never given me any trouble at all. Always snappy and ready to go.

yea, i have a small 16 gig card that i have laying around the house that i use for my kids pictures, but i wanted to see if anyone else was paying/using any cloud services as back up as well because i had it with iPhone, only because my storage was smaller. i'm thinking about upgrading my icloud storage...

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
yea, i have a small 16 gig card that i have laying around the house that i use for my kids pictures, but i wanted to see if anyone else was paying/using any cloud services as back up as well because i had it with iPhone, only because my storage was smaller. i'm thinking about upgrading my icloud storage...
You get free unlimited pics from Google cloud storage. Just turn it on.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Is this something new?
I thought this is only with Pixel phones.
Here's a quick read.
19c96e28aa4caf1e31b6d71efa203fc7.jpg