A32 call log gone - local backup?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Have an A32, just a few months old.

Overnight, my call log disappeared. [Q1.] Can I locate the data file on the phone locally to restore the information?

I have the standard Google account with 15MB cloud storage, but do not (yet) have a Samsung account. [Q2.] Do I need a Samsung account to access their cloud and back up all my phone data, including call logs?

[Q3.] WHY would my call log DISAPPEAR overnight, without my having done anything? [Q4.] I was recently target of identity theft. Would that have anything to do with the disappearance of the call log? I don't know how anyone else could possibly access this phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am the Original Poster, I've now registered.

Thank you for responding, Diddy.

Yes it is set to "All Calls."

If I knew WHY this could happen, maybe I can fix the problem.

And, I am familiar with temp files/ cache on a PC; does Android create temp backups that I can find?
Welcome to AC
That 15gb Google cloud service back up in order to retrieve it factory reset to restore them unfortunately and it's not percent u get everything u want back. If u had Samsung cloud back up u could of restore anytime without factory reset.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Trying to recover a call log is unfortunately beyond my scope of knowledge. I would think that data is saved to a protected system directory, so it would be difficult to access unless you root the phone. I also doubt that anyone who might have stolen your identity could have had anything to do with this -- it sounds more like a glitch.

If you need a detailed call log, you could contact your carrier and see if they offer a detailed call log as part of your monthly invoice.