About that DAC?

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Been reading a bit about the A7 hi-fi audio.
Not sure I'm catching how it works.
I understand that high bit rate files work best.
I'm not sure if the built in player is the only source that the hardware will work with or will other 3rd party players initialize the hardware.

I'm reading that Jet Audio and the Neutron player apps have the full hi-fi output.

I was wondering what any of you folks here know and recommend to get the best out of the A7s audio.

Last edited:

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if the built in player is the only source that the hardware will work with or will other 3rd party players initialize the hardware.

I'm reading that Jet Audio and the Neutron player apps have the full hi-fi output.

I was wondering what any of you folks here know and recommend to get the best out of the A7s audio.
I've tried jet and neutron. They don't improve what you're listening to on the A7. What they do is bring many more playable audio files to the table on phones that dont have the hifi that A7 has. They'll also play any type that the A7 might not support. Keep in mind, you want to make sure that your dolby atmos works with the music player you're using some don't support it. I use the stock player. Ugly interface, but it sounds terrific and you can turn on dolby right from the app. I also downloaded onkyo player. That supports dolby also and had a better interface than stock player. Ive got an Astell&kern high resolution music player, and the audio capabilities of the A7 blow that A&K away. So, now, i only have to carry 1 device with me. My Axon7, and, of course, headphones. I'm an audiofile and searched high & low for something portable that would come close to my home system which is all mcintosh and klipsch.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the Onkyo player on the phone I used my FiiO DAC with I thought it worked pretty well and I didn't mind the interface.
Hoping my Beyerdynamic DT880s sound good with the A7.
Those things are tough to drive.

I know the Sony MDR-7506s will they work well for almost any portable device.
Those tunes will be rolling on Friday!

Thanx again Rumblee1!

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the Onkyo player on the phone I used my FiiO DAC with I thought it worked pretty well and I didn't mind the interface.
Hoping my Beyerdynamic DT880s sound good with the A7.
Those things are tough to drive.

I know the Sony MDR-7506s will they work well for almost any portable device.
Those tunes will be rolling on Friday!

Thanx again Rumblee1!

Last night, I was relaxing to Christmas music. A mix of all kinds including popular, the Boston pops and more. I started listening on my Astell&kern jr. Then switched over to the axon7 with atmos on and playing through the onkyo music player. What a pleasurable difference in the listening experience on the A7. It's just so nice.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Well I finally bought a high resolution album and chose the flac format. The axon7 stock music player had no problem playing it back. I did have to figure out how to get it from my macbook air to the axon7. But by downloading the ZTE app to the macbook, it instantly recognized the A7.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Well I finally bought a high resolution album and chose the flac format.

Excellent!

As we type I'm transferring about 20 GB of Flac and WMA to the phone.
I didn't want to do it yesterday since I was still fiddling with the A7's set-up Lol ...

Hopefully I can rip more of my CD's and get them on the phone in the coming days.
Also I was pleasantly surprised that this thing will drive those Beyerdynamic DT-880's

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Excellent!

As we type I'm transferring about 20 GB of Flac and WMA to the phone.
I didn't want to do it yesterday since I was still fiddling with the A7's set-up Lol ...

Hopefully I can rip more of my CD's and get them on the phone in the coming days.
Also I was pleasantly surprised that this thing will drive those Beyerdynamic DT-880's

Nice. Enjoy. Can I ask where you buy most of your downloads? I tried HD tracks. I liked the interface. It's my first venture into hirez.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Nice. Enjoy. Can I ask where you buy most of your downloads? I tried HD tracks. I liked the interface. It's my first venture into hirez.

Actually I have quite a few DDD CD's that rip to flac with excellent resolution.
I was listening to Flim & the BBs just a bit ago and I'm honestly wowed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63