About that fingerprint sensor (No, it's not the location)

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
FPS works just fine for me, fast and accurate. The location has only been beaten to death on these forums because negative always get posted before good. The location was beaten to death on the s8 series also and yet Samsung left it alone for the note 8. They get their feedback on phones and these forums are not where they get it.

If you having FPS issues, it could be because you didn't set it up right, such as moving your finger to different positions so it has your finger print at different angles. I don't know, just a suggestion, but mine works flawless. I'm usually the one that has the finicky one, lol.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
When I got my Note8 I set up iris scanning a pin number and the finger print scanner. Using the print scanner makes me forget I have the others. Since I'm right handed, I pick the phone up with my left with my index finger resting on the scanner and right index finger poised to make some input. By the time I raise the phone up, it's unlocked and ready to use. It took a bit to train my brain to always pick it up that way but now I do it without thinking.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
When I got my Note8 I set up iris scanning a pin number and the finger print scanner. Using the print scanner makes me forget I have the others. Since I'm right handed, I pick the phone up with my left with my index finger resting on the scanner and right index finger poised to make some input. By the time I raise the phone up, it's unlocked and ready to use. It took a bit to train my brain to always pick it up that way but now I do it without thinking.

Funny you should say that - I read your post, reached down and picked up my phone with my left hand, turned it over and my index finger was... on the finger print sensor. Duh... I STAND CORRECTED FOLKS! Thank you RicKaysen!
Tada.jpg

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
If you having FPS issues, it could be because you didn't set it up right, such as moving your finger to different positions so it has your finger print at different angles. I don't know, just a suggestion, but mine works flawless. I'm usually the one that has the finicky one, lol.
Well, that would make sense if it constantly misfires.

The problem with this is that it’s not misfiring. It’s just slow.