AC Asks: What's your favorite music player

bikedogrun

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Just downloaded Mixzing... very nice! It adds Genre playing on the Cliq that the stock Android Music Player doesn't have.

I used an HTC Hero for a short while and the HTC Sense Music Player also had a great feature that showed the album art on the lock screen and even allowed you to pause/play, skip to next song or previous song and even turn volume up/down all from the lock screen!

Are there any music players out there that can do this? Definitely worth paying for these features (IMHO)...

/BD

gamecock9701

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
It's that time of week again: We want to know what your favorite music player is for Android. Is it the stock app? Do you prefer the streaming power of Rhapsody, Slacker or Pandora? Let's hear it, people.

For your troubles, we've got 10 Invisible Shields to give away, thanks to the folks at Invisibleskinz.com. Now get to it! We're accepting entries through Wednesday, March 17.

I am new to the Android OS having just purchased a Cliq. I previously had a BlackBerry (last was a Storm) for several years straight. I am hoping to find a better mp3 player than the default and I like this thread for music overall.

As there are no cases that keep the sleek and small feel of the Cliq I'd love to win an Invisible Skin.

Thanks.

gvegas864

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I use Pandora most of the time. While I love the Eris, I'm not to thrilled with the stock music players. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

wsp2009

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Always been a fan of Pandora. Slacker is great too, but a pretty heavy app and you have to pay for station caching, unlike on BlackBerry where it is free. Last.fm is available bundled with shoutcast on TuneWiki, so you get 3 apps in one. I like last.fm because it plays on my phone and xbox.

If you have to pick one, go with TuneWiki.

bikedogrun

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Just downloaded Mixzing... very nice! It adds Genre playing on the Cliq that the stock Android Music Player doesn't have.

/BD
** UPDATE **
The Genre section of Mixzing just takes you to your list of songs organized by genre, but you cannot then do a shuffle "within" the genre?

Am I doing something wrong here (Sorry to hijack your thread, Phil ;) ) but why list songs by genre in this app if you cannot play them that way? I don't want to build a new playlist and when Mixzing provides its "recommendations" it is not just the genre list!

/BD :rolleyes:

LumpsRGood

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I used the stock music player, although I may try out a couple of the previously named apps just out of curiosity. For streaming, I stick with Pandora if I am on WiFi as I have no 3G here. Out and about? I sit in a corner and pout. :)

NewYorkLaw

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Pandora for streaming and Mixzhing for mp3's. (I actually prefer slacker's interface, but on my Hero it gets skippy when the screen times out).
Pete

Ice Nine

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Mixzing for local music and videos, DroidLive for streaming.

Now that someone's FINALLY managed to get an EQ into their media player, I'm hoping that feature makes its way to Mixzing at least :)

thacounty

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I normally use the stock app for music on the Sprint Hero because it can be controlled from the lock screen. If it wasn't for that it would be mixzing.

Pandora is better than Slacker IMHO, but I don't like to stream because I miss a ton of calls when streaming.

daboma

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I loved using Rhapsody when I had the 7-day trial for the beta, but can't use it anymore. I still like buying my music.
I do use the stock app from time to time, but it doesn't work well. I'm excited to try out Mixzing after all the recommendations here.

mjaydakid

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I use the stock player for my music library. I will use Pandora for streaming music. I like the way it ties in with my online player. Since I listen to streaming music at home, I just use the online Pandora site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jameszang48