[ACS][How to] EVERYTHING EK02 and EG30 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread

qbking77

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay everyone, I'm noticing MANY of the same questions being asked, so I am going to compile a good number of videos for everyone to help answer them. Most have been compiled, and are just taking their time uploading. Expect to see them linked here very very soon.

How to manually update to EK02 Android 2.3.6 from STOCK:
How to manually install EK02 Android 2.3.6 on your Epic 4G Touch - YouTube

How to update to EK02 with Clockworkmod:
How to install EK02 Android 2.3.6 with clockworkmod on Epic 4G Touch - YouTube

REVIEW of EK02 Android 2.3.6:
Review of EK02 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread on the Samsung Epic 4G Touch - YouTube

How to install ACSRecovery5 (EK02 Kernel):
How to install ACSRecovery5 on the Samsung Epic 4G Touch - YouTube

How to install the EK02 Modem:
How to install the EK02 Modem on the Samsung Epic 4G Touch from EG30 - YouTube

How to install the EG30 Modem:
How to install the EG30 Modem on the Samsung Epic 4G Touch - YouTube

Again, please watch these before you ask questions! Hope it helps :)

Also, please subscribe to my youtube channel @ qbking77's Channel - YouTube :D

Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ACS][How to] EVERYTHING EK02 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread

Thanks as always qbking. Since I don't suffer from signal related issues including LOS (unless I run a custom kernel), I'm personally letting the dust settle a bit on this, and wait for some feedback from the user base. I hate the fact that there's still no way to go back to the EG30 modem that was shipped with our phones, and it makes me hesitant to flash even EK02 until a bit more time has passed. You never know ... this update is still in testing. The final release could be EZ16, which is a delta off the EG30 only modem only. So those on EK02 could have to wait until Sprint is provided a tarball.

Anyhoo ... if you're not having problems with your phone, I would be cautious about flashing your modem for the time being. At least until the update is official or Samsung provides the same EG30 modem.bin that shipped with the phone.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Yup. knock on wood.
I have not experienced the LOS or GPS issues on my device.
And with the issues they had with the Epic 4G i too am hesitant to do any updates right after they come out.

Nozzles Brewin

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

This may be a stupid question but, qbking, does it matter if the kernel version is different? baseband and build number end in EG30, also, any idea if this fixes the 'android os' bug?

qbking77

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

This may be a stupid question but, qbking, does it matter if the kernel version is different? baseband and build number end in EG30, also, any idea if this fixes the 'android os' bug?

As long as your baseband and build number say eg30, and you're stock. You should be good to go.

It does not. I'm on EK02 and I'm experiencing it.

Weech21

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

I know this must be a dumb question but what is "android os " bug ?As some I haven't experience any LOS or any other problem with my phone and had it since 10/3 .

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I know this must be a dumb question but what is "android os " bug ?As some I haven't experience any LOS or any other problem with my phone and had it since 10/3 .

Not a dumb question. The best write up I've seen about it is here ...

[REF][Rewrite 26/10] What the Android OS usage is and what it's not - xda-developers

In a nutshell, "something" in the user environment can cause certain system processes to run amok, which presents itself in the "Android OS" category of battery usage. Most often its seen in two processes called "suspend" and "events/0". This is been an issue with all Samsung Galaxy SII variants as well as some other Android devices.

If you see Android OS as a high percentage of your battery use and you've barely used your phone, this is normal. If you see Android OS as a high percentage and you've used your phone at least moderately and had the screen on for at least 20% (using very rough figures here) of your total time off the charger, then you may have a problem, particularly if you're noticing abnormally high battery drain.

Nozzles Brewin

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Certainly not a dumb question, my phone was fine for the first couple weeks then it got 'the bug' apparently the original s had it too, a software update is the only thing that would fix it

Thanks qb, I haven't had los so I'll hold off

ejlmd

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Okay everyone, I'm noticing MANY of the same questions being asked, so I am going to compile a good number of videos for everyone to help answer them. Most have been compiled, and are just taking their time uploading. Expect to see them linked here very very soon.

How to manually update to EK02 Android 2.3.6 from STOCK:
How to manually install EK02 Android 2.3.6 on your Epic 4G Touch - YouTube

Update fails consistently for me with signature verification error. Is there a fix for this?

elyeh

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ACS][How to] EVERYTHING EK02 and EG30 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbr

Will this come out as an actual update from Sprint?

elyeh

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I do not see the link to download the manual update for EK02 Andriod 2.3.6 for Stock.

Would someone please point it out to me?

Thanks in advance

methos0123

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

The update via qbking77 worked like a charm for me....not a problem! Thanks!

elyeh

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

If this is going to be Sprint update, how do you get it before its released?

f I do it manually, is Sprint still working on it and if it is a Sprint release will it be different?

I'm not sure how this works in the Andriod world so please bear with my questions.

Thanks in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174