[ACS][ROM] Leaf Rom - 0.2

azmedic

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I was having trouble logging back in.
I do have the ef27 update but I was able to root. So far I think barnacle is the only root app I have but it works fine as does Lsuperuser
I ran the "Leaf-Rom" bat file. What's strange is that it changed the info under "about phone" to match the screen shot with the exception of the ef27. That's what has me puzzled.

azmedic

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I used droid explorer on my pc to look in the system folder. It does not show any updates to the folders/files. Can I just copy and paste the files from the leafrom / rom folder directly to my phone? Isn't that essentially what the bat does?

azmedic

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
SUCCESS! Sorry for posting so many times in a row but I wanted to share that I succeeded! I have an updated phone with EF27, rooted with KMS then used SendLeaf. I originally tried to use ShabbyLeaf because I thought it was the newer version but it failed after multiple attempts. 1 try with SendLeaf and I have a slick new interface. Thanks so much guys!

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
SUCCESS! Sorry for posting so many times in a row but I wanted to share that I succeeded! I have an updated phone with EF27, rooted with KMS then used SendLeaf. I originally tried to use ShabbyLeaf because I thought it was the newer version but it failed after multiple attempts. 1 try with SendLeaf and I have a slick new interface. Thanks so much guys!

I apologize for you having problems with ShabbyLeaf (yes, it is the newer version), but I mentioned in an earlier post about it having issues. Sometimes it would work, and other times it wouldn't. I always had LeafRom already installed when testing, and it worked for me, so I'd release. When I went back to stock to test, I found out that it didn't. Sending boot animations and theme files should still work just fine. I used it to customize my phone rather than typing the commands.

kickassfoo11

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone..I installed LeafRom 0.2, but I think that I want to go back to the stock OS...I backed up using titanium backup (my apps and user settings), and was wondering if that was sufficient to be able to go back to stock? Let me know! Thanks in advance.

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
No - additional files aside form the apps and user settings were affected. If you look at the sh script that loads leafrom, you can see exactly what changed, however I expect you don't have backups of everything, so you may not be able to get fully back to stock.

cc2918

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So.. whats going on atm?
is leaf rom dead or its being updated?

been following since beta 1 but thread doesnt seem active anymore

jesuspantaleon1993

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
So.. whats going on atm?
is leaf rom dead or its being updated?

been following since beta 1 but thread doesnt seem active anymore
That's what I noticed..I have an EVO but I can still use the replenish as a backup and to see what else I can do with it..shabbypenguin or firehak what happened?

dakine44

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello I hope the new rom will come out soon. I'm in beta 1 waiting for darktremor and many improvements in next rom. Thank you for all hard work your the best.

Last edited:

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
That's what I noticed..I have an EVO but I can still use the replenish as a backup and to see what else I can do with it..shabbypenguin or firehak what happened?

I'm pretty sure it's mentioned somewhere around here.. Shabby had a baby some time back around the time 0.2 was released. Between that and a new job, I'm sure it can be a little difficult to balance hobbies between life. There was a bit of an attempt at getting a CM7 port too, but I haven't heard much more since I got a full time job. Last I heard there were problems because of the kernel source that Samsung provides.

jesuspantaleon1993

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's mentioned somewhere around here.. Shabby had a baby some time back around the time 0.2 was released. Between that and a new job, I'm sure it can be a little difficult to balance hobbies between life. There was a bit of an attempt at getting a CM7 port too, but I haven't heard much more since I got a full time job. Last I heard there were problems because of the kernel source that Samsung provides.

oh no wonder..I thought shabby left and I haven't been here since I got the EVO

Andybkn

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Does this version work with the new update EF27? If it doesn't can anybody try to update it? Also I think this is the only rom for this phone and so I think people should like try to take this phone to the fullest!! :) thanks for the rom too shabby :)

DavesReplenish

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi firehak...
I'm just down the street from you in Massillon. Got a Replenish that is rooted that I enjoy using.
Both my kids also have one but I'm the hacker.
Dave

mikemax0420

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
also does any 1 know of a good custom recovery for this phone i'm on ef 27

ALSO ALSO i keep getting told to update phone to ef27 which i'm on... i'm sure this has to do with he mod but can i turn off this notification

Love AC DOT COM and ty for all your hard work and dedication on this ROM

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey, this is my first time posting here. i have a samsung replenish that I have rooted and have been using leafrom on. Last night I was updating clockworkmod recovery and it started acting kind of funny so I exited that and went back to working on one of my contacts (thats what I was doing before I got sidetracked) and it wouldnt save the contact change so I decided to reboot the phone... the quick way. Yes, I pulled the battery. Well my battery was low so I put my wifes battery in instead of mine and went back to what I was doing and till couldnt save the change. When I gave up, I pulled the battery and put mine back in and after that the phone wont do anything. no indicator lights, no power up, no nothing... Is there anyone out here who can maybe help me figure and fix it? Sprint said they would do a service swap and give me a new phone but that would cost $35 and.... well, Im cheap... HELP??????

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
just tried it... didnt work. any other ideas? the thing wont even boot. I press the power button and get nothing at all. Like I said Sprint said I bricked it up good and they would have to do a service replacement, but it seems that they would be able to fix it somehow since they are only charging me $35 to replace it especially since I dont have insurance... So....... anyone?? at all??? More ideas please, programs, hacks, mods, anything? I have tried building a jig like the one used to fix another Samsung phone and it didnt work either. I have bought a new phone on ebay, but its a blackberry and I really dont want to leave android.

fencerjared

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, if it won't turn on you can't load anything to it or try recovery, unless you can deduce what's causing it not to turn on you're going to have to take the offered replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kitezpro