Ads in my notification bar?

zachary.rafferty

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I been getting random ads in my.notification bar? Virus or an app? I'm running aosp cm7 110601 with xionia anykernel v14

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
There are some apps that even the "paid" version does this.
There was a big ruckus about it a while back and most devs stopped doing it.
Mostly the ones that are jerks have left it coded in.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Try AirPush Detector (free in the market). It should tell you which app is causing the AirPush (notification bar) ads.

Or you could just use the opt out app from the article I posted. Then you could still use the app itself just without the air push ads.

zoidberg_md

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Or you could just use the opt out app from the article I posted.

I still wouldn't trust installing an app by the same company you are preventing from sending you ads in the first place, just to have them stop sending you ads.

Op: I'm not sure how airpush works, but try using LBE Privacy Guard and block permissions from apps and I would go the TB route.

notserpmh

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I still wouldn't trust installing an app by the same company you are preventing from sending you ads in the first place, just to have them stop sending you ads.

Op: I'm not sure how airpush works, but try using LBE Privacy Guard and block permissions from apps and I would go the TB route.

That was my thought as well. I wouldn't want an app that would stoop so low as to put ads in the notification bar.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Well it works, so I don't know what your complaining about and you can still use the app if you want. Air push released the opt out so people would get pissed off and sue them.

zoidberg_md

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Well it works, so I don't know what your complaining about and you can still use the app if you want. Air push released the opt out so people would get pissed off and sue them.

Do you have an example of an app that is using air push ? I'd like to know for my personal knowledge if blocking initial permissions for the app in the first place using LBE privacy guard will stop it and still make the app usable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney