ADW Launcher to MotoBlur...

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Morning all; and happy Friday...

I installed the ADW Launcher on my Atrix. But can't seem to figure out how to switch back to the MotoBlur, if I wanted to.

I remember on my Inspire, if I wanted to switch back to the Sense, I'd go to Settings \ Applications \ ADW Launcher, and select the button, "clear defaults".

But, that trick doesn't seem to work here. Any ideas? I know I can uninstall ADW Launcher, and that reverts to MotoBlur. Obviously I'd rather not have to do that each time...

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
...just to be clear, I want to go from ADW Launcher, back to this screen\theme:

Capture-2.png

asuprice

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hold down the home button so the "recent" menu comes up. Within that menu touch the home icon. It will take you back to the motoblur home.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
...ah, but, asuprice, within the 'recent' window, I have no 'home' icon.

The plot gets thicker...

PS: this is brilliant that we're sharing this across multiple forums ;)

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
...oddly enough, I tried that earlier, and that didn't help.

I guess I need to figure out the 'true' name of the MotoBlur launcher, and then look for that in applications, then try the 'clear defaults' on that one, or even the 'force stop' option.

Again, thanks for all your help\ideas.

mrmyth

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
you can't get Blur back unless you uninstall ADW. Its a quirk of this phone.

If you install multiple third-party launchers you can switch between the installed launchers at will, but install only one and it will completely override Blur and you can only use the one you installed. Regular Android doesn't behave this way and I suspect the Atrix doesn't have the default launcher software at all, only Blur.

Reactions: anon(153966)

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Here is the proper way to do this. Go in the market and download "Home Switcher For Froyo". That allows you to switch between launchers.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
you can't get Blur back unless you uninstall ADW. Its a quirk of this phone.

If you install multiple third-party launchers you can switch between the installed launchers at will, but install only one and it will completely override Blur and you can only use the one you installed. Regular Android doesn't behave this way and I suspect the Atrix doesn't have the default launcher software at all, only Blur.

This is not true. Blur is always going to be on the phone unless you root and it delete the APK file for Blur. So it will always be there. By getting that program I suggested, you can change any launcher you want and set whichever you want to come up by default.

K_Semon

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
By installing this, did it prohibit your finger print scanner from working?! Once I put this on my Atrix, the fingerprint scanner wouldn't respond at all (original unlock, settings menu, etc) and once I uninstalled it and restarted my phone, it began working again after I accessed the settings menu to configure? Loved modifying my home screens but not worth sacrificing my fingerprint unlock.. IMO.. A:confused:nyone know of a way to prevent this from happening?:confused::confused:

jchapman

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi, new to android here so sorry if this is an easy question. I'm playing around with different launchers, including ADW EX and LauncherPro Plus, and have a quick question. I'm switching between those 2 and also the stock launcher. When I go back to the stock launcher and hit the home button it asks me what program to use to perform the action, but does not give me the option to use the stock launcher. Any thoughts on how I could get the home button to use the stock launcher when I am using it?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Morning all; and happy Friday...

I installed the ADW Launcher on my Atrix. But can't seem to figure out how to switch back to the MotoBlur, if I wanted to.

I remember on my Inspire, if I wanted to switch back to the Sense, I'd go to Settings \ Applications \ ADW Launcher, and select the button, "clear defaults".

But, that trick doesn't seem to work here. Any ideas? I know I can uninstall ADW Launcher, and that reverts to MotoBlur. Obviously I'd rather not have to do that each time...

Yo! Much respect dude (and I don't know you) but I know you, ha ha.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Here is the proper way to do this. Go in the market and download "Home Switcher For Froyo". That allows you to switch between launchers.

This guy knows....ignore the duds who say you can't. They don't know (good heart though huh?) You can run all launchers in the settings.......no prob.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haroonseo