After 10 years I switched

SkydiverTilt

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
10 years with the last 4 being trapped and bored I made the leap after seeing another disappointing delivery from Apple and while I'm admittently in the honeymoon stage of my new 512GB Note 9 I'm just gitty.

What I miss: imessage with everyone I know, no iTunes movie support, and fear of info loss on transfer to a new phone; what I gained so far ABOVE AND BEYOND what I could do on the iPhone X:

1 Terabyte of storage
Removable SD card
Headphone Jack
S-pen Bluetooth stylus
Real central file system
App integration into OS
Notifications ... Insane notifications
Picture in Picture
Real time multitasking - run multiple apps
Custom homescreens
Live wallpaper
Themes, fonts
DEX...DEX...DEX...DEX!!!
Multiple app stores
Manual processor speed changes
Water cooled
Always on display
Splitscreen (Run 2 apps at same time on same screen)
Dude, using a mouse, killer

So far I'm having a blast but will be bombarding the group with questions I can't get from Google...10%20Years%20iPhone.jpg

Mandarita

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
Enjoy your new phone. We're fairly friendly and can help with most questions. The Note 9 truly is a great machine.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
10 years with the last 4 being trapped and bored I made the leap after seeing another disappointing delivery from Apple and while I'm admittently in the honeymoon stage of my new 512GB Note 9 I'm just gitty.

What I miss: imessage with everyone I know, no iTunes movie support, and fear of info loss on transfer to a new phone; what I gained so far ABOVE AND BEYOND what I could do on the iPhone X:

1 Terabyte of storage
Removable SD card
Headphone Jack
S-pen Bluetooth stylus
Real central file system
App integration into OS
Notifications ... Insane notifications
Picture in Picture
Real time multitasking - run multiple apps
Custom homescreens
Live wallpaper
Themes, fonts
DEX...DEX...DEX...DEX!!!
Multiple app stores
Manual processor speed changes
Water cooled
Always on display
Splitscreen (Run 2 apps at same time on same screen)
Dude, using a mouse, killer

So far I'm having a blast but will be bombarding the group with questions I can't get from Google...View attachment 291326

Btw you can solve some of the issue with iTunes movies if you download movies anywhere and sign into iTunes from iOS device not all movies will be available but most transferred fine for me from what my wife and kids bought on iTunes

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
To "somewhat" replace IMessage, try Android Messages (which I'm now testing) or Yappy SMS. Both have computer versions so you can text from a Mac or WIN computer. I used Yappy for a couple years but sometimes hinky with Chrome plug-in. Like android messages a lot now.
Use SmoothSync for Contacts & SmoothSync for Calendar to sync with icloud. Works perfectly! Great apps!
Lastly, for something Apple didn't have natively, try SMS Backup+ which will back up your SMS/MMS (including all video & pictures) to your Gmail account.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I used the iPhone 4 from launch to the iPhone 6 Plus and too became tired of Apples lack of innovation and by the way they sandbox their iOS and hardware.

Jailbreaking helped.

I haven't looked back since choosing Android and Samsung.

Just a small thing but at last I can now place an app icon where I want on my homescreen instead of how Apple decides in its matrix. :)

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
A lot of people are switching to Android after this last release. even Apple friendly tech reviewers are going back to the note 9 after their review periods with the xs are over.

SkydiverTilt

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
To "somewhat" replace IMessage, try Android Messages (which I'm now testing) or Yappy SMS. Both have computer versions so you can text from a Mac or WIN computer. I used Yappy for a couple years but sometimes hinky with Chrome plug-in. Like android messages a lot now.
Use SmoothSync for Contacts & SmoothSync for Calendar to sync with icloud. Works perfectly! Great apps!
Lastly, for something Apple didn't have natively, try SMS Backup+ which will back up your SMS/MMS (including all video & pictures) to your Gmail account.
Not so much a problem looking for an alternative (I use WhatsApp and FB messenger to compensate for the mechanics) but rather I have many friends that use imessage and it's frustrating when I'm in the convo messing it all up as it transfers to MMS making videos garbage and removing iMessage functionality....not to mention that Apple still has my iMessage number held hostage so I only get sporatic messages.

But it's an easy price to pay for everything I'm getting.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not iOS... The app intergration into the Android OS. Meaning the permissions you can give apps to integrate. Example: choosing which navigation to use on click, fonts, adding menu items...etc...

Ok. To clarify what I meant was I wasn't understanding the limitation set by iOS as I haven't used an iPhone before.

SkydiverTilt

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
Ok. To clarify what I meant was I wasn't understanding the limitation set by iOS as I haven't used an iPhone before.
Oh right...yes they have complete control of the core OS...so while you can get access to photos and put ad blockers in there (and now caller ID blockers)...it's pretty much walled off, so if you like Google maps then the only way to use is to copy paste an address into the app since the single click address goes to Apple maps and can not be changed.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Note family...remember..once a note user always a note user....I am.really loving my note ....its the best android today... which color did u buy

SkydiverTilt

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to Note family...remember..once a note user always a note user....I am.really loving my note ....its the best android today... which color did u buy
I got the purple with a black UAG case. The blue was awesome but they didn't have it in 512GB. Just glad I finally have options beyond black and white. Phones are fun again!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp