Gnote44

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Found a solution!

- remove s pen

go to
Accessibility
Dexterity and Interaction
Universal Switch (turn it on then select add switch)
Select Accessories then hover the s pen and click the button.

Works like a charm for me.

You saved me! And was just about to factory reset! my phone didn't have the exact same options but messing around in the dexterity section in the same rough direction as you did, fixed it. Thank you!

Mohamed Nazeer

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
My issue is, I don't get Air Command at all

Posted via the Android Central App

I had the same exact problem of air view command being gradeout on my note 4. After working around for sometime i was finally able to fix it without resetting my phone. " How " go to settings -> accessibility -> vision -> hover zoom-> once you reach up here turn ON hover zoom you will get a popup say OK to it and come back to home screen go to the exact same settings and turn off hover zoom. It should work fine. Now check air view should be working fine * note:- before trying for this make sure you install all pending updates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirwan

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Found a solution!

- remove s pen

go to
Accessibility
Dexterity and Interaction
Universal Switch (turn it on then select add switch)
Select Accessories then hover the s pen and click the button.

Works like a charm for me.

Thanks a lot. Worked just fine on my note 4 ... I didn't had the option for the universal switch on note 4 but all I did was turn on the air wake up and dang the air command is popping up!

Last edited:

Ledior

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Air command no funciona en note 4

Hola a todos, hace unos meses realice una actualización ( autmatica )a Android 6.0.1 SM- N910C de mi note 4, funciono unas semanas bien pero desde hace un buen rato (meses) no funciona el AIR COMMAND. Le he revisado todas las opciones del S-pen pero nada..
Me podrían ayudar ... se lo agradezco

Matt McInnis

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
My issue is, I don't get Air Command at all

Had this same issue since the update.

Found out for some reason the phone was acting like it was stuck in 'easy mode' even though it wasn't. So I put it in easy mode from settings. Then back to normal. Then wiped the cache partition. And now it's working okay again.

Hope this helps if you haven't found a solution yet!

fastm3driver

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! This worked for me. note 4 android M
This was about to be the last samsung straw. Why get a note if the pen doesn't work. I'm still getting a V20 anyway lol. If the battery has an issue I'll just take it out :)

hardikkumar1987

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Air command no longer works when I take the s pen out. If I go into settings, air command is greyed out and won't let me turn it on. Any suggestions ?
Thanks

I had the same issue with my note 4.
I could successfully fixed it after another update. I enabled and disabeled dexterity options and tried for few times and it got fixed.
Check out video i recorded for the solution although it may not work 100% but worth trying.
https://youtu.be/X5A4J1OhnOg

Regards,
HARDY

Last edited by a moderator:

tjgriffin

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a Note 3 on Lollipop and I'm can't get the Air Command menu to pop up, via either the Detachment Options, or pressing the SPen button. I have a big SPen as well as the one that goes in the silo, and neither work. I haven't found a solution. It chirps and the status bar icon goes on when I remove the pen, but neither Air Command or Action Memo will start.

Anyway, I wanted to say that I could not find many of the setting discussed on this thread. Voice Assistant, Talkback, Switch Access, Hoover Zoom and Universal Switch were not anywhere in my settings. Interaction Control was there, but had no effect. Then I remembered disabling a bunch of apps. I went a looked in the App Manager on the Disabled list and turned on Talkback. After that, Talkback and Switch Access showed up on Settings -> Accessibility -> Vision. Alas, changing them did not bring back the Air Command menu.

Hope that helps anyone having trouble test these suggestions.

Netralicious

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Found this on Youtube by rami ben gharbia:

I took out S Pen, then turned on and off the Switch Access and Hover Zoom option on the Vision section of Accessibility settings. Air Command is back now."

It worked for me great! use every step. After leaving Accessibility go back the S Pen and then Air Command options will work now.

Mat Senica

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
for my Galaxy Note 4, it works like magic. I lost my air command menu after upgrading marshmallow. I followed below steps:

1. Take out s pen
2. Go to accessibility
3. follow vision
4. Switch Access - On then Off
4. Hover zoom - On then Off
5. Click s pen button keeping it over the screen - - I got my air command menu back.

please let me know if it works for you or not.

Thank you Monzur Ghani Tusha for the right tip. This problem occured to me just recently and did know what to do. Now everything is normal again. Thanks a lot! Kind greetings

Armaan Shadab1

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
for my Galaxy Note 4, it works like magic. I lost my air command menu after upgrading marshmallow. I followed below steps:

1. Take out s pen
2. Go to accessibility
3. follow vision
4. Switch Access - On then Off
4. Hover zoom - On then Off
5. Click s pen button keeping it over the screen - - I got my air command menu back.

please let me know if it works for you or not.

Thanks it worked for my Note 4... What a relief :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte