Airplane mode missing from power button press

variedthings

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
My Galaxy S6 Edge received an update two days ago. Since then, when I press the power button there is no longer an airplane mode option. I have "Power Off", "Restart", and "Emergency Mode". I've searched my phone and the Internet high and low to try and figure out why airplane mode is no longer a function of the power press and can't figure out the issue. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Christopher Cain

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
You are not alone; I have the same problem, the only way I can enable airplane mode is through settings; like you the option is not available via the power button.
I thought that I would look at the inbuilt manual on my Galaxy S6 to see if there was anything there only to find that the language of the manual has been changed from English to Spanish. All of my language settings are set to English. I have had other issues with Android 6 (marshmallow) such as the phone repeatedly restarting several times on occasions and that is a real pain.
I hope that someone can come up with an answer. :(

Christopher Cain

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Solved; I read on another forum that Airplane mode is no longer on the Power button but should be selected from the toggles (swipe notifications down). I edited my toggles to place airplane mode on the first line of toggles.
Another AC forum has the solution for constant or frequent re-starting and it works for me; go to settings/display/Screen mode/ , If you have "Adaptive display" selected change it to one of the other options, doesn't matter which one, just keep off adaptive.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomeoCatcher