all icons on the notification bar are now white

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Usually the color change of a notification icon is possible because it is controlled by a third party app and not a built in samsung/android app...I have never seen an app to change the system battery icon color...but you could see if there is a way to not show battery indicator in settings and then install a third party battery app or widget that will let you choose color if one is available. Someone may know of one or maybe a google search will produce something.
Only other option would be to root and take control of the settings yourself...I chose not to go that route. And hide it with launcher...a simple tap or swipe will then show or hide notification bar.

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to keep the battery info from showing up in notifications? I don't need it on the right side of the notification bar and in notifications on the left at the same time.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to keep the battery info from showing up in notifications? I don't need it on the right side of the notification bar and in notifications on the left at the same time.

only time i get a battery notification on the left is when the battery is charged to 100%.....most of the time it's only the status on the right...

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Now that you mention it, it is only when fully charged. Not sure why that needs to be a notification but okay. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

RetNavy

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
The white just tells me no one put any thought process into what the Majority of users like. It's dull and boring. I can no longer tell at a glance if my blue tooth is active, no longer tell at a snap if my alarm is armed, no longer tell at a glance my blue tooth headset battery status etc. Have to stare at the menu to see WTF. IT BLOWS! we live in a world of color, why regress backwards? OK so you go hiking, fantastic. That's about 2% of the nation. No disrespect to all the healthy hikers I really do think it great. Next thing you know they'll be making phones in ASCII text again and analog. OK I'm getting a bit carried away, I'll admit but let's move forward not back.

Posted via Android Central App

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
The white just tells me no one put any thought process into what the Majority of users like. It's dull and boring. I can no longer tell at a glance if my blue tooth is active, no longer tell at a snap if my alarm is armed, no longer tell at a glance my blue tooth headset battery status etc. Have to stare at the menu to see WTF. IT BLOWS! we live in a world of color, why regress backwards? OK so you go hiking, fantastic. That's about 2% of the nation. No disrespect to all the healthy hikers I really do think it great. Next thing you know they'll be making phones in ASCII text again and analog. OK I'm getting a bit carried away, I'll admit but let's move forward not back.

Posted via Android Central App

I think that this is what separates Android over iOS. Google puts function over form, unlike Apple that always puts "pretty" over functionality. Usability is king with Google. Also, if you don't like it just root the phone and put on another version of Android that lets you change these kinds of things.

Aside, I've never been hiking in my life but I spend a lot of time outdoors. It's the advantage of living in So Cal where I don't have to be cooped on a couch or in front of a computer.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
it's not the end of the world i was just hoping to find an app or a launcher that would allow me to change them......it's the beauty or android, the ability to customize, so why not the notification icons...

zgrrl80

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I have nova, but I like how I can see my email icons (or used to be able to see differentiated icons in teh notification bar) as my emails come in on the notification bar. I also liked to see my wifi icon go gray if my signal was dropped, or my 4g button lit up when it was working and greyed out when it was not. If you used the notification bar for its intended purpose (notifying you of the status of each changed item), it is inconvenient in its new style.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I must be the only one where it really doesn't matter as long as I have the option to remove it or have it . Nova Prime Launcher gives me this option. To each their own.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't matter to me. Readability is a high priority and it's hard too beat white on black.

Sent by a drunk from a library

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Nope, you're not the only one Spencer.........
It's not much different when a black phone comes out and everyone wants white. If it comes in only blue everyone wants black....
We are a fickle bunch, LOL.

I must be the only one where it really doesn't matter as long as I have the option to remove it or have it . Nova Prime Launcher gives me this option. To each their own.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
which is once again why i'm saying it should be customizable and we can all pick and choose our own look. just look at any "show us your homepage" thread.....if i wanted one size fits all then an iphone would solve my problem, but i want choices dang it, choices :)

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
which is once again why i'm saying it should be customizable and we can all pick and choose our own look. just look at any "show us your homepage" thread.....if i wanted one size fits all then an iphone would solve my problem, but i want choices dang it, choices :)

On prior phones I've used ROMs that let me change the color of the notification icons. Is there one for the Note 3?

nlfp

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I have nova, but I like how I can see my email icons (or used to be able to see differentiated icons in teh notification bar) as my emails come in on the notification bar. I also liked to see my wifi icon go gray if my signal was dropped, or my 4g button lit up when it was working and greyed out when it was not. If you used the notification bar for its intended purpose (notifying you of the status of each changed item), it is inconvenient in its new style.

I agree. My icons just changed to white on an update that happened this weekend. I liked before that I could tell whether I had a new email on my work acct (priority) or my personal acct (can usually wait) & whether I had a text or an email. I've become an old fart who needs glasses to see an 18 wheeler 2 ft in front of me clearly (eek!) but the colored icons allowed me to see what was what at a quick glance & w/o putting on my glasses.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42