All the answers about the Platinum case for EVO at Best Buy...

Runnin_it

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Got mine and a Zagg for $29.99 at my Best Buy. Will probably sell the Zagg (waiting for my Clarivue to arrive), but loving the case!

I stopped by my local Sprint store just to check out the silicone cases (which I usually prefer), but they were too flimsy and seemed a little loose. All the other customers seemed to like this case as well, much better than the silicone one or the Body Glove (with that horrible backside!).

Lol, I actually have the Body Glove one from Sprint. I like the case; it protects the camera lens on the back, and since it is like a lip around the phone on the front, neither the camera lens or the screen ever touch anything. I am no longer concerned about laying the phone down on the back or the front.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone else get this version of it? Platinum Series - Case for HTC EVO 4G Mobile Phones - Black - HEC10FB

It's not the same case really as it has a front and a back piece, rather than a top and a bottom.

I bought it and absolutely love it so far, though there is a little give on the left side in the front.

I have this one you speak of. Best buy.com's link to it no longer works but I most definitely have it. I love it personally. It's as snug as they come...has grip texture and wraps the Evo with style and subtle rugedness. Also...the case is almost like pulling teeth if trying to pry it off by means not designed. Trying to do so by hand will garner frustrating results, albeit ultimately having success after lots of effort. The coin to unattach feature is great. All in all...I love it. I think it's far more secure than the top and bottom half slip cases of this Platinum series.

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, first post here.... I just got my Evo last night and went to Best Buy today and bought this case after reading this thread.... well... actually I first bought the rubberized black one that has front and back halves, because it looked cooler with the nice textured rubber shell.

I took it out to my truck in the parking lot and snapped it on my phone, and one of the corners refused to stay closed, even after taking it completely off and putting it back on again. So I immediately went back in the store and exchanged it for the gunmetal gray case pictured in this thread.

My opinion on this case is that it is AWESOME. It snapped right together and makes the phone look better IMO. Before the case it looks a little plain, I'm not a fan of the solid "slate" look of the Evo, but after putting this case on it, I think it looks great. It adds a millimeter or two to the width and height of the phone (barely noticeable) but it does add a few millimeters to the thickness. The Evo is a very thin phone to begin with, so this is a non-issue to me, and the thickness is necessary to protect the camera lens when the phone is sitting on a flat surface.

I give the case a 9.9 out of 10, highly recommend!

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
so hows the bulk of this case compared to other cases? i hate cases but im so afraid to hurt this one so im seriously considering buying this one. also how easily does this one slide in and out of a pocket, i know the silicon ones are always though to grab

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
so hows the bulk of this case compared to other cases? i hate cases but im so afraid to hurt this one so im seriously considering buying this one. also how easily does this one slide in and out of a pocket, i know the silicon ones are always though to grab

Barely adds any bulk to the phone at all, maybe a couple of millimeters (more so in the depth than in the width and height) but this is good because it actually keeps the camera lens from getting scratched. Also, sliding in an out of pocket is no problem... def not like a silicone case. It has a slight rubberized type finish to it, but doesn't "grip" like silicone.

I, too, am very picky about cases and hate extra bulk on my phones, especially with the size of the evo, you don't need to add any bulk. It fits pretty tight and I have only had to remove mine from the phone once since I got it and it was fairly easy, just depress in the middle as pictured earlier in this thread, and it will slide off...

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I love this case and the clip holster. The perfect accessory for me.

On a side note, thank you to the posters who enlightened me on how to safely take off the case. I was worried I would have to leave it on forever or risk snapping my Evo in two.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
E

just picked up this case today bb has been out of them on back order been checking there site every day and today noticed they had one in a store near by so I ordered it on line and I picked it up a couple hours later and really like the way it fits.
Fred

daving313

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I ended up RMA'ing mine with Seidio. I also had the Gunmetal from Best Buy but it just got way too loose after a few days use. The folks at Seidio were super helpful and are sending me out a new Seidio one, even though I got it from Best Buy.

asphaltman

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I got the BB one with the holster.. I also put a ZAGG shield under it, and its nice and snug. I love the Seido case. I think thats the best combination, then your EVO is pretty dang protected as well.

m970006

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I bought the gunmetal color...I liked it but decided to return it and stick with the Bodyglove. It's a very nice case though. One note though...if you plan on taking the case on and off, this one is hard to remove at first as everyone states and it also might scratch the sides of the phone...but if you don't plan on taking it off then that wouldn't make a difference anyways. It's all about your own preference. Some people might not care about the scratching...it is minimal but will be there (at least on mine it was).

BigAinCA

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I bought the gunmetal color...I liked it but decided to return it and stick with the Bodyglove. It's a very nice case though. One note though...if you plan on taking the case on and off, this one is hard to remove at first as everyone states and it also might scratch the sides of the phone...but if you don't plan on taking it off then that wouldn't make a difference anyways. It's all about your own preference. Some people might not care about the scratching...it is minimal but will be there (at least on mine it was).

This was my experience as well. I really liked the fit of the case but I had one heck of a time removing it. Even after I found the technique for properly removing it it was quite an ordeal for me. I too returned it and went with the Bodyglove (for the time being).

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the Seidio Innocase and I for the life of me cant figure out why you guys are having a hard time getting the case off, I take mine off once a day to switch out batteries. you simply hold the top section by the sides and lightly push in, while pushing down lightly in the middle of the bottom section, now pull them apart. voila! that easy and smooth

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I can't for the life of me find the premier case with belt attachment, I have the non belt version in black which I actually love being its so thin and very protective especially for lying it down and not rubbing the camera lense.

Not one best buy has had one since launch...:(

Ripcode

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I can't for the life of me find the premier case with belt attachment, I have the non belt version in black which I actually love being its so thin and very protective especially for lying it down and not rubbing the camera lense.

Not one best buy has had one since launch...:(

Got one from BB today. We'll see how it works out for me. I do like the holster as I hate carrying phones in my pockets. My BB had (4) of the case/holster combos.

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
You got lucky, as they are very rare over here, as the 4 they claim to get in every once in awhile go like hotcakes ... still people coming in every hour or so looking for EVO's off the street!

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
i hope we can get some of those bumper cases like the iphone has. Hopefully once everyone need to get one for there iphone other companies will start making them for all phones. i feel like they would be perfect for me. it would keep the sides safe and hopefully decrease the risk of cracking the screen after a short fall, meanwhile adding barely any bulk to the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear