almost perfect but fails in signal

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My signal has been better than any other Sprint smartphone I've ever had. Check out the attached picture as proof. The Palm Pre shows 0/5 bars, the HTC Touch Diamond shows 1/6 bars, the Samsung Epic 4G Touch shows 3/6 bars and the Samsung M610 shows 3/5 bars. When taking the pictures each phone fluctuated +/- 1 bar.

I will take this post over any others all day long.

suprajjang

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
We have had a sprint tower outage over the past 2 days in Richmond but ever since Sprint completed their work on the tower, my signal on my phone has improved greatly! Inside the house my phone would get 1-2 bars and never higher. Ever since the outage, I am getting no less than 4 bars inside the house. People I would talk to on the phone would come in and out like I was losing reception but that problem is all gone now as well!

I was actually going to return the phone tomorrow because of the weak radio but its a keeper now!

JohnBS

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Where do you guys live? Did you guys have Sprint b4? If you guys are new to Sprint , did you check in your area to make sure that they covered where you live/work/where ever you mostly use your phone? Lots of people are not having this problem I am 1 of them.

If you were Sprint customers b4 and upgraded i would call CS and talk to them and have them send a upgrade over the air to see if it helps with your signal. I did this for my 3G and after i turned off the phone as directed by CS there was a update and it worked.. Went from .250 kbs to about .600+ kbs. I know you mean your phone signal but it might help...
I put the IPHONE 4 S next to the GALAXY S II because I only had a few days till my 14 day new-purchase return end. I had the HTC before (EVO 4G Shift) with excellent everything (ALWAYS SPRINT FOR approx 15 years [Nextel prior]). The Galaxy was so nice and I could see the screen so much better, but no 3G with my phone as my HOTSPOT internet connect killed all my joy time and time again.

So.. the IPHONE test using another of our phones. IPHONE had HOTSPOT without dropped internet connect; had excellent 3G without 3G ROAMING having to be set to ON, and no dropped cals (I had never dropped a Sprint call before until the Galaxy S II).

The Galaxy S II barely got a signal (3 to 5 bars on HTC and IPHONE); and the 3G icon vanished time and time again. I know all the settings and I'm a bit of a electronics geek... it was the phone not wi-fi or other settings.

Now, I traded it in (OUCH!) for the IPHONE, but miss that huge screen and the display so much. If the 3 G signal was at least spotty instead of absent, I would have toughed it out for a possible "fix" coming out. But I see posts from 2011 that still display the POOR DATA strength of the antenna. BUMMER... such a beautiful muscular body without legs. I still wish I had the GALAXY... but no 3G was the killer.

I'm still searching this and other forums to see if there is SOME WAY the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch can be fixed before my 14 days on the IPHONE run out. If there is a fix.. I'd go back to the Galaxy in a heartbeat. But... some things were just not meant to be. Darn.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasia40