[ALPHA]Driver Extractor

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Proprietary Drivers Extractor for Windows

Okay, so you're trying to build Android from source in a Cloud VM? Well, here's the thing. You need all the OEM-specific drivers. Google CAN'T distribute those. So do you give up? NO. As long as you have at least FTP access to your CloudVM you can upload the drivers to your build directory.

So that led me to the thought, that why can't I manually adb pull the files needed? Well, there is 125 files that gets pulled. That is a no-go. Now, I had an even better idea. Why not create a script to do the hard work?

And, voila. It took 15 minutes at most to complete a simple script for Windows.

Either way here are your download links:

Edit: You have to switch to Tapatalk to make more than one consecutive post. -____-

Last edited:

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah man you speak robot. I haven't reached that level of nerdism yet but I'm working on it. Thanks for sharing though... Whatever it is exactly. Why don't you post this on xda where all the devs are?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah man you speak robot. I haven't reached that level of nerdism yet but I'm working on it. Thanks for sharing though... Whatever it is exactly. Why don't you post this on xda where all the devs are?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

I'm not allowed to post in the dev section of XDA since I'm still on "noob status" on those forums. I think I need 50 posts or something like that. Either way, I doubt I'll reach that anytime soon, since I hate that place.

XICO2KX

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Proprietary Drivers Extractor for Windows
Nice work, thenameisnigel! :D
I'm going to test it soon! :p
But by looking at the code, it doesn't seem very "generic"! :-X
For example, if we have a different wifi chip other than bcm4330, it will not extract any wifi drivers... :(
Isn't there a better way of detecting the non-Google-native files in the system folders and extract them? :-!
For example looking at time stamps, vendor information inside binary files or some configuration files? O:)
That would be really useful! :cool:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Nice work, thenameisnigel! :D
I'm going to test it soon! :p
But by looking at the code, it doesn't seem very "generic"! :-X
For example, if we have a different wifi chip other than bcm4330, it will not extract any wifi drivers... :(
Isn't there a better way of detecting the non-Google-native files in the system folders and extract them? :-!
For example looking at time stamps, vendor information inside binary files or some configuration files? O:)
That would be really useful! :cool:

Will do! I'll try to get the script updated soon.

humanrevolution x

Mar 29, 2018
Visit site
Signed up just for replying to this.

I have a Lenovo Yoga tab 3 8 (Lenovo YT3-850M) running crappy Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. I plan on compiling a custom ROM running Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition) but I'm just a high school student with absolutely no knowledge about programming at all. However, I'm very familiar with the more external ecosystem of AOSP and Windows. I'm planning on learning Java as an elective at University but that's a story for another time. I took a look at your batch file and it made a lot of sense to me.

I'm thinking building a custom ROM is a bit easy and obviously nothing to you as I'm presuming you're familiar with programming **** and all. All we gotta do is compile the source on a Linux or Mac environment, and add drivers and kernal and basebands etc. Right?

Like I've said I'm relatively new to this and the only reason I'm doing this is because I haven't seen anyone else choosing this particular device for aftermarket firmware 😂