Android 10 system gestures not fully working with Action Launcher on new Moto Edge+.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I really liked Moto's "pill" bar but alas it's not on the Edge+. What really hurts was a few years ago when Moto dropped their hands free notifications when driving in favor of Google's vastly inferior solution.

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I run Action Launcher and have no issues with gesture nav.

Elvee, to clarify, with Action Launcher on your Pixel 3XL, are you able to access recent apps by swiping up and holding from the bottom? And, able to swipe left/right on the bottom bar to switch apps? Those are the Android 10 system gestures not working with Action Launcher on my Edge+, but does work with the Moto App launcher. In fact, the Action Launcher developer confirmed these are known issues due to Android 10 changes.

For workaround, I configured Moto Edge Touch to open recent apps on swipe up, and switch to previous app on double-tap.

Also, I love swiping down on Action Launcher desktop to lock the phone.

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I really liked Moto's "pill" bar but alas it's not on the Edge+.

Benjamminh, are you not liking Android 10 system gestures on your Edge+ better than the Moto nav bar, so far? I'm preferring them to the TouchNav sensor on my Z2 Force, since it's now easier to go back from by swiping either edge, with either hand, not having to reach down to the bottom.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Running Action I can swipe left and right between apps on the 3XL. I can't confirm Action on the Wife's Edge+ but the stock Launcher works fine.

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Running Action I can swipe left and right between apps on the 3XL.

Interesting, I'd expect the 3rd party launcher gesture problems to be consistent across Android 10 phones, wonder why 3XL and Edge+ would differ. Thanks for the info.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Interesting, I'd expect the 3rd party launcher gesture problems to be consistent across Android 10 phones, wonder why 3XL and Edge+ would differ. Thanks for the info.
There are not many OEMs that made full gestures compatible with third party launchers. Pixel, OnePlus and I think Huawei made this possible. Samsung and Moto haven't enabled this option so far.

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
There are not many OEMs that made full gestures compatible with third party launchers. Pixel, OnePlus and I think Huawei made this possible. Samsung and Moto haven't enabled this option so far.

Thanks Javier, FWIW I brought this problem up in an online customer satisfaction video interview with a Moto user research team member yesterday, with other product team members listening in, so hopefully that might help Moto prioritize getting it fixed.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Action Launcher and Smart Launcher so gestures aren't working well.
Benjamminh, are you not liking Android 10 system gestures on your Edge+ better than the Moto nav bar, so far? I'm preferring them to the TouchNav sensor on my Z2 Force, since it's now easier to go back from by swiping either edge, with either hand, not having to reach down to the bottom.

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm using Action Launcher and Smart Launcher so gestures aren't working well.

Try the workarounds I mentioned above: Configure Edge Touch action bar for swipe up to recent apps, double tap for last app. Those two workarounds cover most of the bases for the broken Android system gestures, I think. Thankfully, at least swipe up from bottom still goes to the home screen, and swipe from either edge works great for back (which I'm loving, feels esp. great on the waterfall edges).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non