Question Android 11

vrwrys

Jun 9, 2023
Visit site
When is the last security update for Android 11 and does your phone determine the end of service or is it across the board for all Android devices?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Actually, both.

It's mainly determined by your phone manufacturer...depending on the device you could still get a couple of years, or you could have never received one and never will.

Android versions do go end of life where they stop receiving play services updates, but that won't happen anytime soon for Android 11.

vrwrys

Jun 9, 2023
Visit site
Actually, both.

It's mainly determined by your phone manufacturer...depending on the device you could still get a couple of years, or you could have never received one and never will.

Android versions do go end of life where they stop receiving play services updates, but that won't happen anytime soon for Android 11.
The phone manufacturers top staff informed me that I would be receiving an update and now a month later I'm hearing a different tune.And what do you mean by never will? Should I just get a new phone or will this one be ok?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The phone manufacturers top staff informed me that I would be receiving an update and now a month later I'm hearing a different tune.And what do you mean by never will? Should I just get a new phone or will this one be ok?
Welcome to AC!
Which device you have?

My One Plus 7 T McLaren edition got Android 12 few months ago but no security updates still on December update of 2022 for security

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What fuzzylumpkin means is that some phone manufacturers don't even support their devices with any updates at all -- these are typically the extremely cheap budget phones, as well as no-name or off-brand Chinese phones.

Reactions: fuzzylumpkin

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
"Top staff"? What "top staff"? Like, the CEO?

I'd sure like to be able to get Samsung's CEO on the phone and discuss a few things.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky