Android 13 - Battery drain

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed any significant difference yet. Like after any major update, I'd give it a few days to let things settle out before being concerned about a battery issue.

GoNz07

Jul 10, 2022
Visit site
I find every update brings a few days increased usage. day 1 was 15% at bedtime, day 2 30% yesterday 45%. It's sorting itself.

Victor Suarez

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
YES! I came here to see if anyone else was having battery drain issues since the update to Android 13.
I'm hoping Google will fix it sooner rather than later vs. NOT AT ALL!

I'm also seeing slight battery drain after the Android 13 update....wondering what's going on

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Usually takes a couple of restarts and a day or two to settle down for me. That being said, not really noticing unusually significant drain so far. Only been a couple hours though.

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea why the update has affected some users differently, but the battery life on my Pixel 6 Pro has improved noticeably since Android 13 was installed. And while I've seen a few reports of P6P users having problems with charging, my Gen 1 Pixel Stand worked flawlessly last night.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The pixels don't really have anything good built-in to help clean things up after a update like Samsung device do , I would monitor in safe mode if I had this problem if continued then factory reset and go from there

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It seems this happens after every Android update for a lot of users... but then the complaints seem to go away after a while. I think multiple restarts are a big factor in how quickly a new Android update settles in. I restart my phone every night, and do multiple restarts after an Android version update (as well as security updates), and I've been fortunate enough to never experience any battery drain.

Also, if you can, do a cache partition wipe... I do those after every update as well if the phone will let me ;) And in the worst case scenario, I've seen a factory reset fix the problem :eek: ;) But then the nuclear option tends to fix most problems lol.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It seems this happens after every Android update for a lot of users... but then the complaints seem to go away after a while. I think multiple restarts are a big factor in how quickly a new Android update settles in. I restart my phone every night, and do multiple restarts after an Android version update (as well as security updates), and I've been fortunate enough to never experience any battery drain.

Also, if you can, do a cache partition wipe... I do those after every update as well if the phone will let me ;) And in the worst case scenario, I've seen a factory reset fix the problem :eek: ;) But then the nuclear option tends to fix most problems lol.
Pixels don't have cache wipe in recovery like Samsung unfortunately

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow