Android 14 Tap & Click Sounds not working

DrStrange

May 24, 2024
Visit site
Hi, I have a Teclast P85T tablet running Android 14. If I go to Settings>Sound & Vibration>Tap & Click Sounds and turn it off, after a reboot this setting has re-enabled itself. Has anybody else with this tablet, or with just any tablet running Android 14 experienced this issue? I contacted Teclast and they said to do a factory reset which didn't work. I expected it wouldn't as it's a new tablet. Is this the expected behaviour for this setting? It's a new setting introduced in Android 14.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome.

It isn’t the expected behaviour, no. Have you contacted the manufacturer and told them that the factory reset had no effect?

DrStrange

May 24, 2024
Visit site
Hi.

Yes. I informed the manufacturer a few days ago that a factory reset did not solve the issue. I haven't had a reply from them as yet.
They also suggested to alternatively "use a toothpick to poke the reset button below the volume button to forcibly restart the machine and try it out", but all that did was make the screen go black with no sign that it had restarted.
It's starting to look either like a bug in the ROM that Teclast have built for this tablet or the tablet itself is faulty.
After searching the internet, I haven't found anybody else with this issue, hence why I posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: belodion

caixalegend

Jun 12, 2024
Visit site
Hi, at last, someone with the same problem as me . . . it's a very annoying bug. My tablet is a cheap Fancyday C10 running HekeOS Android 14. Works fine in all other respects. I'm going to look for an automation app which will run once on startup, similar to Autoexec.bat on Windows. I'll post here if I find anything suitable.

DrStrange

May 24, 2024
Visit site
Hi caixalegend, sorry for not posting earlier. Teclast issued a ROM update on May 30 2024 which I installed a few days ago. It has fixed this issue on my P85T - this setting now remains off after reboot. Kudos to them for fixing it so quickly. But shame the bug wasn't caught at the testing stage. I thought since it was a new setting introduced in Android 14, it would have been properly debugged. As the issue is apparent on another brand of tablet, I find it very strange that I could find nobody else on the web with the same issue. If you can't find an automation app that will keep this setting turned off or you can't find any support contact details for Fancyday to ask them to fix this issue, turning on the Do Not Disturb setting will silence the clicking sound generated by Tap & Click Sounds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burks