Android 2.3 Gingerbread EI22 latest build WITH IMAGE

acasalin

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Should we be careful of what we wish for?

...Wow, just spent some time browsing the EVO GB forums to see what;s comming for the EPIC,... left saying...TMI... and asking myself, do I really want this update for my EPIC?

EVO non-functioning compass

EVO no longer supports Wireless N

EVO phantom voioce mails

EVO Speech to Text problems

EVO etc....

EVO etc....

:-!

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
...Wow, just spent some time browsing the EVO GB forums to see what;s comming for the EPIC,... left saying...TMI... and asking myself, do I really want this update for my EPIC?

EVO non-functioning compass

EVO no longer supports Wireless N

EVO phantom voioce mails

EVO Speech to Text problems

EVO etc....

EVO etc....

:-!

The EVO and the Epic are two completely different devices, from different manufacturers, running different processors, with different sensors, and different hardware.

If the EE02 leak is any indication, the GB we've got coming should be a solid one. I was using it as a daily driver for a few weeks. Let me tell you, EVERYTHING worked (except maybe 4g, but I barely get EVDO around here, most of the time in 1xRTT mode, and it's not just the modem both my BB's are the same) There has since been two other builds that didn't get leaked, each should be better than the last, if Samsung and Sprint learned anything from the EB13 build that was quickly replaced by the EC05, they're going to make sure it's all good before pushing it out.

monkeyracer

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Also, I have seen the "Known issues" for both devices, and the EVO's list is much longer than the EPIC. (The EVO shift however has only 3 KI's, 2 of which are education issues, rather than device problems.)

We'll be getting the official GB update soon, but sprint is busy with the E3D launch next week, so I wouldn't expect it before the first of July... Too much stuff for the average Sprint Sales rep to think about (EVO shift update, E3D launch, etc)

Either way, I just benchmarked a stock E3D, and was getting about the same results as my SRF1.1.1 Stock 1.0ghz Epic on the 4 different benchmark tests (Quadrant, Linpack, Smartbench 2010 and 2011.)
The 3D is interesting, but hurts my eyes to look at (kind of like those 3D pictures you see in the waiting room at the dentist...) You have to look "past" the device to see 3D right, but then need to focus back on the device for 2D... I literally have a headache today because of it.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Also, I have seen the "Known issues" for both devices, and the EVO's list is much longer than the EPIC. (The EVO shift however has only 3 KI's, 2 of which are education issues, rather than device problems.)
A bit off topic, but would you happen to know what those known issues are with the Shift? Is there anything about that issue with calls being dropped during call waiting or incoming texts?

monkeyracer

May 2, 2011
Visit site
A bit off topic, but would you happen to know what those known issues are with the Shift? Is there anything about that issue with calls being dropped during call waiting or incoming texts?

Off memory (and off topic), so I could be wrong... but:

Device
- Media Streaming issue (fixed in GB, easy to fix though before)

Education
- Battery life (KI shows on almost all android phones)
- Can't remember the 3rd one, but not related to call issues.

TheNickage

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Forgive my nubity, but if I'm sitting on midnight rom, gingerbread themed, will I get the OTA update? from what i read in the one of the comments in this thread, I would. Though I always thought I would have to un-root in order to get it. I remember the rooted guys getting the OTA as soon as they unrooted the phone.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Forgive my nubity, but if I'm sitting on midnight rom, gingerbread themed, will I get the OTA update? from what i read in the one of the comments in this thread, I would. Though I always thought I would have to un-root in order to get it. I remember the rooted guys getting the OTA as soon as they unrooted the phone.

No you will not receive the OTA update while running a custom ROM. You will need to Odin back to EC05 at release time to receive the update.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well this should give those EVO owners and others with GB v2.3.3 something to complain about.... v2.3.4 will put us on par with the Nexus S .

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been thinking about this 2.3.4 release and I am wondering if it means EF10 will be pushed to our phones real soon. It seems they have been working hard on 2.3.3 to release it to us.