Android 4.1.2 OTA Update Now Rolling Out to Nexus 7 - Adds Landscape Mode

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
For all you folks who are pining for the update, this will drive you crazy:

My wife was watching a video on her N7 this morning, when it suddenly stopped and she muttered a curse under her breath.

She used to do this a lot, right before she stopped using the iPad entirely, so I was concerned. I asked "What's wrong?"

Her reply: "Oh, nothing -- this thing has been telling me for three days that there's an update available, but it always pops up when I'm doing something, so I keep killing it."

When I told her that there were thousands of people worldwide complaining because they hadn't been able to receive the update yet, she said (without looking up) "Why? It's working just fine as it is."
;) :D

Sent from my Nexus 7

Your likelihood of receiving the update is inversely proportional to your need or desire for it. Sheesh, it's like no one has even heard of Murphy any more. ;)

jmaudi0

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
is there any reason to keep Ultimate Rotation Control app after getting the update?

i had the app for landscape orientation prior obviously...but now it seems pretty much worthless. I just want to be sure I'm not missing something if I uninstall it. I guess i can always redownload it for free from Google Play right?

on that note....does Google Play keep a list of all your purchased apps somewhere that I can access?

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My update was waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday. I didn't want to clear the framework (I did this on my GN) so I waited patiently this time.

I am located in the DC area.

lfeuln

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Finally got it literally 5 minutes after the Apple invite (and yes, I had checked under an hour earlier). I swear it knew. :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
is there any reason to keep Ultimate Rotation Control app after getting the update?

i had the app for landscape orientation prior obviously...but now it seems pretty much worthless. I just want to be sure I'm not missing something if I uninstall it. I guess i can always redownload it for free from Google Play right?

on that note....does Google Play keep a list of all your purchased apps somewhere that I can access?

yes, you can uninstall it. its pretty worthless now and the landscape rotation works very well on nexus 7.

to see all your installed and previous installed app you can go here https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...5/https://play.google.com/apps&token=-A8DEuGX

all purchased app can be found on google wallet here https://wallet.google.com/manage/#transactions:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
For all you folks who are pining for the update, this will drive you crazy:

My wife was watching a video on her N7 this morning, when it suddenly stopped and she muttered a curse under her breath.

She used to do this a lot, right before she stopped using the iPad entirely, so I was concerned. I asked "What's wrong?"

Her reply: "Oh, nothing -- this thing has been telling me for three days that there's an update available, but it always pops up when I'm doing something, so I keep killing it."

When I told her that there were thousands of people worldwide complaining because they hadn't been able to receive the update yet, she said (without looking up) "Why? It's working just fine as it is."
;) :D

Sent from my Nexus 7

average user i presume!!! its funny how people dont bother to install it which would take 5 min but deal with the popup and get angry.

hopefully you made her install i believe.

Jack-Frost

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I just updated my Nexus 7 and now my screen wont work. Turns on when I hit the power button but wont recognize any of my touches. Anyone else have this problem or now how I can fix it before I call customer support?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QQWWFFCCC998