Android 5.0.1....

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
There have been news about nexus 5 and 6 getting 5.0.1 today. Any idea on when motto x will get the update? Unfortunately I'm having a lot of issues after lollipop!

Attentive display doesn't work. Phone gets slow over a period of time! Today sometime after I uploaded an image to Google drive, the phone was becoming hotter.. I checked to see that it's been awake (caused by Android OS and Google services!) for like 30 mins.... And battery drained considerably.. I've heard about this issue on nexus 5. But it's happening on this device also!

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Did you do a factory reset to see if fixes the bugs? My gf's X works flawlessly with 5.0 on vzw.

Posted via the Android Central App

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I've done a factory reset and system cache wipe. The Google Now launcher continues to hang/crash very often. I had to hard-reboot the phone just to disconnect from a call earlier today. This is a horribly buggy release and I can't believe it was pushed out from the soak test. I am hoping beyond hope that 5.0.1 fixes this bug above all the others introduced with 5.0.

KitKat was perfectly stable and super fluid. Lollipop is laggy and buggy as anything I've seen.

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Feel the same here.. KitKat was a lot 'fluider' ... This has a lot of graphics.. But what's the use of awesome graphics of the phone is laggy and unresponsive?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
5.0.1 is exactly what I'm waiting for before I move forward with lolli and factory resetting.

I too am hopeful it will come out soon considering all the news of other devices just getting it.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
5.0 has been pretty stable for me. I have had it for about 2 weeks now. Did an OTA and no clearing of any cache for me.

On2Vegas

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I've done a factory reset and system cache wipe. The Google Now launcher continues to hang/crash very often. I had to hard-reboot the phone just to disconnect from a call earlier today. This is a horribly buggy release and I can't believe it was pushed out from the soak test. I am hoping beyond hope that 5.0.1 fixes this bug above all the others introduced with 5.0.

KitKat was perfectly stable and super fluid. Lollipop is laggy and buggy as anything I've seen.

Feel the same here.. KitKat was a lot 'fluider' ... This has a lot of graphics.. But what's the use of awesome graphics of the phone is laggy and unresponsive?

5.0 has been pretty stable for me. I have had it for about 2 weeks now. Did an OTA and no clearing of any cache for me.

I'm curious which carrier each of you are on. While a small sampling and totally unscientific, I seem to have noticed that the Verizon release is behaving better. I have the Verizon X and have no issues. Who's your carrier?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious which carrier each of you are on. While a small sampling and totally unscientific, I seem to have noticed that the Verizon release is behaving better. I have the Verizon X and have no issues. Who's your carrier?

I have the Pure Edition and its unlocked of course! My carrier is att though.

mrjspeed

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Pure Edition here on Cricket (AT&T). Did sideload upgrade, no resets or cache wipes. Everything works well, but I just wish Gmail drained the battery less.

benrk

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a Pure Edition on lollipop and I haven't had any issues besides an occasional graphics glitch.

On my HTC One GPe, it has had slow downs and problems even on 5.0.1, but regular reboots keep it speedy.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Pure edition on T-Mo, got the OTA and did a system cache wipe immediately after updating. Zero problems with Lollipop.

Reports of problems even after a cache wipe or factory reset make me think there are still popular apps out there that don't play nice with 5.0, unless you're seeing problems without installing any apps. I'm at a loss to explain that.

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Motorola absolutely needs a lot of things to adapt according to lollipop.. Apart from that also i feel that lollipop still has a lot of bugs that needs to be fixed... Gmail crashes more frequently.. And the phone becomes slow after a week or so after every update..

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Motorola absolutely needs a lot of things to adapt according to lollipop.. Apart from that also i feel that lollipop still has a lot of bugs that needs to be fixed... Gmail crashes more frequently.. And the phone becomes slow after a week or so after every update..

Would 5.0.1 fix your Gmail crashes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61