Android 7.0 update broke app updates over mobile data.

ankitchahal

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
I am using JIO Lte connection in india and after the 7.0 update i have not been able to update the playstore updates using mobile data. Wifi works fine. The only problem is while downloading the app.. Everything else works in playstore using the mobile data. Like searching for apps or browsing through the store.. This problem is on both the s7 edge phones i have.. Anyone else from india having same problem..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What happens when you try to install an app? Does it give you an error message, or does it just get stuck on "Downloading"? Have you already tried going to the App Manager and clearing cache/data from both the Google Play Store and Download Manager?

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't do that on 7.0. Try clearing data in your application manager for the Google play store. That will probably fix it

ankitchahal

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
I did clear cache but the problem persists.. It doesnt give any error.. Just stuck at downloading and download never starts.. Its odd that 2 phones have the same problem..

Attachments

• 22050.jpg
    22050.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 65

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, try going to Settings>Mobile Networks, and look for the APN menu (Access Point Names). Find your main APN and edit it. If there's an option for IPv6, turn that off. Sometimes, for unclear reasons, Google servers don't work well over IPv6.